How to tell if a guy is gay.

Well i plan on doing that but we are in summer vacation and school doesn't start for another month now. School was basically our only communication with each other (which makes this whole summer thing hard) so i think right now i have to play the waiting game!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok im new, and I guess ill tell you all about my straight guy crush.. and such..

So I have had many crushes on straight guys (Don't know any gay guys, but i know one Bi guy), and during my Junior year (Barely becoming a Senior now), in a new school I had to go to, I crushed on 2 guys.

The first one, I tried being friends with him first.. but he didn't even try to talk, back to me, like I went & talked to him, but he never came to me and started a conversation.. so I just gave up on him, although there were times where i'd see him looking at me, he couldn't see me looking at him because I always have huge glasses on, so I can see anyone I want to.. x] & the second guy.. wow took me forever to get the guts to talk to him, he's

just soo cute, his smile just makes me want to smile, but I can't in class..

I never really talked to him, but was in the same conversations where we'd

kinda talk, but not really, it wasn't until second last week of school, when I

actually had my glasses off, this girl was saying something, and she said

something that to him (My crush) sounded perverted and funny, so then I

see him laughing, and I look at him, and he looks at me, and I just laugh too,

and we'd be making eye contact while smiling, and so later that day while

he was walking to his class, I called his name and smiled because I

was remembering from when we laughed, and he just smiled to, and that

just totally made my day, and so last week of school, I said "Hey" to him

again, and kinda talked to him, but it wasn't until second to last day of school

that just, I cry about it when I think about it.. (Sad I know..)

My friend wasn't at school on the last Thursday of school, and he's the only

person I hung out with during lunch (Small school), and so im sitting there

alone, with my head down, and I see 'Him' (My crush) going to throw

something to the trashcan near me, and I was thinking to myself "Say, Hey", and I was, but he came over to me, we shook hands (I couldn't

believe I got to touch his hand!) and he sat down with me and said to me

"Hey, why are you sitting here all by yourself", and he stayed there with me

all lunch, we talked about video games, and also that he might move away

which totally made me sad, and how we should play x360 together, so we

could keep in touch if he moves, and yeah, I was shaking while talking to

him, I was trying not to, but hey it was my crush, also our hands were like

basically touching, which I was going to move my hand before he did, so it

didn't make me look weird, but he just kept it there, and felt the warmth of his hand, also he sat really close to me, I really liked it, but of course I was too shy, and also he offered me his cookie, which I should of taken just cause it's from him, but I didn't, I was way too nervous.. I regret not taking it. x] and so bell rings and, we shake hands again, and that totally made my day, and it was really nice of him to sit down with me, he's one of those guys that dresses like those rap artists with matching shoes and stuff like that, but really cute.. & I think after school that day he said bye to me..

So then the last day of school comes, and im ready to talk to him again, but when the moment came, we were both quiet, and we were sitting next to each other, until i finally got the guts to ask him for his 360 name, but he said he didn't remember it, because he didn't have it, his brother out of country had it, so I just gave him my gamertag, and he put it in his pocket.. and that was the only time we talked.. I was really sad.. I really wanted to say bye to him.. but I didn't want to do it in front of his friends..

and so school ends, and im walking with my friend, and I hear my name get called out.. When I turned around.. I saw 'Him' waving at me from a truck, and I waved back.. I really wanted to cry, cause I forgot to ask him for his number.. ='( I always wondered if he sat with me because he liked me.. I mean, I have never seen a straight guy sit with someone he doesn't really know.. I still like him, and I am hoping that he didn't move, so I can see him again, and to get to know him better.. if I do see him, what should I do, should I invite him somewhere where it's the two of us, and see what happens? I really hope he's bi, and I miss seeing him.. I always cry when I think of him. Sorry for writing this long story, and I hope that it fits the topic... -.-''

-Saitou

Ok first off are you openly gay? Does anyone at all know that you are gay? and second i would say just be his friend at first, talk with him he seems to be an outgoing person so it shouldn't be hard. does he have a girlfriend? has he ever had a girlfriend?... I'm sorry but there is not much here for me to work with

okay well i really like this guy at my school and soemtimes when he looks at me and/or touches me i get this feelin' he likes me too, but am just not sure, and as am not out to all my group of mates [my best mates know am bi] i don't want to ask until am sure or pretty sure he is gay. i know there is no 100% way to know unless you ask, but i would be very greatful if you could give me some tips and signs to look for. thanks

- no doubt

You can only hope I have seen guys who are so feminine and flamboyant...only to turn around and talk about the hot blonde with huge * * * * they scored last night...

Then you have guys like myself, who are totally the last people you'd even think are gay. You need to look for gay people where people are comfortably gay. If your crush goes there, then good luck, but if not, find a new crush.

Are you in school still? Most schools have GSA's (but most of them dont have any openly gay people, just a bunch of nice kids who support gays) I'd say try to help boost your schools GSA. Dont get caught up in the gay cliques, they just turn into drama..LOL. Good luck!

Ok finally school has started and i didn't see him in till lunch he was in line all by himself and looked lonely so i went up and lightly punched him and went into a different line he turned around saw me and smiled he then walked out of his line and went in mine and most of his friends were in a different lunch hour and there was only one of his friends in this hour (he is not that close to him he is closer to me then he is to him) so of course i asked him how was his summer and he said it was boring ( he basically stayed home and played w.o.w. and once in awhile he would hangout with his other friends) so then i asked "did you date any girls?" and he said no as i expected then i asked "did you date any guys?" and then he laughed and said no. While i was talking to him i could tell that he was happy to see me but i'm not sure if he was happy that i was in his lunch hour and he wouldn't be lonely or he truly missed me. Oh wait the first thing he actually said to me was that me shoes were stupid and they're like skater shoes and i'm not a skater but the thing is that last year to the day when i very first meet the first thing he said to me before too was him making fun of my shoes. I think its a coincidence because i don't think he is that smart to remember that. And this kid (his other friend that was at the table with us) was in my chemistry class and we sit next to each other and he said "finally i have someone that i like in one of my classes" (referring to me) then i was telling him that i might get my lunch hour changed and hes like "NO!!!! You tell them you have to have sixth hour lunch! we need you there you there with us!" (that made my class period because if one of hiss friends likes me then kevin must! right?) so i was walking with kevin in the hall and i told him that he should meet me at my locker sometime and he said alright which made me happy because last year it was always me going to him and that he's actually willing to go out of his way to see me then that has to mean SOMETHING (or am i just thinking what i want to think?) We have no classes together except for lunch and i'm not sure if that will last because it might change. So instead of me pushing to go to his house ,because that probably will just annoy him, i want to invite him over my place but i don't know what to say without being overbearing (which i think is my problem) So what is a good to invite him over but not to put emphasis on it? you know what i mean?

Wow, I read all of no_doubt's post, I was so interested! It was like a love story, I'm sorry it did not work out though! I was hoping it would, literally, in real life, I was like, "OH MY GOSH! Please work out, please work out." Anyways, I hope he sees this.

Anyways, hi all, I'm Logan. lol.

Ok I read about 3 pages of this. One thing that happens alot. Straight guys play gay games with eachother ALL THE TIME! But its always like, a joke you know? If your friend comes up to you, and holds your hand for a long time and looks you in the eyes or whatever, and after a couple minutes you simply release and make your separate ways, hes probably gay. Now If he came up and held your hand, and then after too long got uncomfortable and laughed about it and made jokes or was like "eww gayyy!" then hes probably straight. So with all your stories of touching and stuff, what happens AFTER you touch. Whatever action it is, I think you need to be more specific, because its not the touching that makes the guy gay. Its more likely his reaction afterwards, or what his goal was. Because frankly, all the cool guys I know play stupid gay games with eachother alllll the time.

Well first when i see him with his friends he never does these things with them or any of those stupid gay things with them and he never makes gay jokes with them. They make gay jokes but he NEVER laughs at the jokes he usually just changes the conversation rather quickly or ignores what they're saying. Second when we look at each other or when i touch his hair he never says anything about it in a bad way and he never even stops me from touching his hair (except for once but i don't blame him because we were by his dad) and the when we are walking in the hallway with each other sometimes we just look at each other or we are just smiling at each other for the whole way and the only time it ends is when we have to go to class or one of his other friends come by. Third his friends have repeatedly made fun of us like "are you two gay?" "are you his secret lover?" etc. and after they joke around and while they are laughing he looks up at me and waits for me to say something as if he is studying my reaction or something. And then the other day i didn't talk to him at all because i got moved out of his lunch hour ,but we did see each other in the hallways but every time he passed me he had a very nervous look on his face and was looking down at the floor ... so that day i was just waiting for him to come to me but he never did because he is a VERY shy person so the next day i was the one who broke the silence and went up to him and said hi and he never said anything because he had to turn the corner right when i meet up with him but he did turn around he he had the cutest smile on his face. Then later on the same day i went up to him again then we actually had SOME time to talk but i kinda did the same thing to him i had to turn a corner when he had to go straight when he notice i was gone he turn around and shouted after me "hey! where are you going?!?!" then i looked back ,didn't say anything, just smiled then he said "fine!" then walked away then i laughed because i though it was kinda funny and i didn't talk to him again but i was looking for him after school i found him right before he got on his bus so i was too late (so that day i had a total of 20 seconds with him YAY! im making progress! lol) now afterwards i remembered that he birthday is coming so i was wondering if it was his birthday the day we didn't say anything to each other . he told me like five times when his birthday was but i forgot so if it already passed then i guess we are even! all i know is that his birthday is in late august and its late august. So on Monday i'll ask him.

sorry its kinda a lot but you told me to be more specific so i just told you everything! lol!

is there anything else you want?

well, i know its not simple, there is some romance between use two, the only way to find out is to ask him, if use two are so close he will tell you the truth and then you can tell him, even if you say, "you know you can trust me right" if he says "yeah" you say " i want you to tell me the truth, Are you gay" and before he answer explain to him that you wont ever leave him or anything even if he is gay or bi, ten if he says yes say that you are to

Damn ramcoro, hes gay lol. Flaming! No straight guy would act like that and hope to be still thought of as a straight person. And the fact that he hides all these little things he does with you from his friends are an even bigger clue! If he did these in front of his friends it would certainly all be a joke that us straight guys are always doing. Hes gay gay gay lol. Ask him. Or better yet go hang out with him alone lol. That'll get it out of him easier without people around.

Edit: Awww you gay guys are so cute! Your love stories are interesting haha! Reminds me of similar things that happen to me but with girls. Obviously its different since I didn't have to try and figure out if girls were straight or not lol.

ok so today while i was thinking about him in all my classes i decided to put it to good use! so i just wrote down everything i was thinking and put in a letter and gave it to him later! the letter pretty much said "hey we REALLY need to talk something im sure there are things that happened to you during the summer even if you they're important trust me i still wanna hear them and boy do i have stories to tell you! dont get to do it much. and im sure there are things that your friends dont wanna hear or do but believe me i will do what ever they don't want to do. anyways you know where i live and you know where my locker is so you should stop by my locker in the morning. whens your bday i know its soon but i forget when i have to get you SOMETHING ... and i know your friends think im weird i think thats just because they figured out what you haven't"

so i think that he can sorta figure out that im gay in this letter ... right? isnt this a little on the gay side

its not the touching that makes the guy gay. Its more likely his reaction afterwards, or what his goal was.

EXACTLY!!!

this is psychology, it's not what he does that you should be paying attention to butt his motives. You need to put yourself in his shoes and think

what if? why? would I? etc.

but apparently by how he reacts to gay conversations, he seems like he's gay

Any time one guy writes a note to another guy unless its to say "look on the * * * * on miss hot teacher today!" it is definitely gay lol. I guess a gay guy couldn't see it from a straight guys perspective? Its totally gay to write your buddy a note lol. (now some straight jerk will come and be like "oh i write notes to all my buddies" Don't listen to whatever guy that is lol)

I guess we will see how he reacts eh?

He didn't seem mad when i asked him about the letter but i didn't get much of a response because all he said to me was that on his birthday he doesn't want me to make a BIG deal about it and not to tell anyone. so i guess that means i have to go to his house to give him his gift! (o and i was thinking of get him "relationships for dummies" and "sex for dummies"!!! so i wonder what he will think about that) lol

He didn't seem mad when i asked him about the letter but i didn't get much of a response because all he said to me was that on his birthday he doesn't want me to make a BIG deal about it and not to tell anyone. so i guess that means i have to go to his house to give him his gift! (o and i was thinking of get him "relationships for dummies" and "sex for dummies"!!! so i wonder what he will think about that) lol

Archived