barf he tried to kiss me

Ok so a few days ago I met this new kid, I have absolutly no attraction to him, physically or mentally. He's nice and all, but eh I just don't like him like that and im still getting over a really hurtful break up. that's really beside the point through, I wouldn't be attracted to him even if I wasn't going through this break up.

Anyways, we go out with some friends, spend all night going to mesquet, ordering pizza at this little bar, making plans to come back and go dancing on saturday night, then we get back in the car around 3:30 in the morning and I fall asleep. When I woke up It turns out I ended up leaning up against him some where during the drive (while I was sleeping of corse cause I don't like him) and sleeping like that. When we were almost back he woke me up and got all flirty with me, I played cool and was nice to him and all but wasn't enjoying it at all. We get back to the dorms and I get out, he's all can I walk you to your room? I was like oh well that's sweet but my friends are over there on the bench and I wont be going to bed for a while, so he walks up and trys to kiss me. I put my hand up to block his face and said no, then I put my hand down and he decides to dive in again for another try, I put my hand up and put it on his forehead this time and told him NO kinda loud. he looked all hurt so I gave him a hug and then left to go talk to my friends.

was I a little mean. should I have kissed him?

I think you handled it right, but you can't blame a guy for trying. You made it pretty clear, but if it comes up again, just say you like him as a friend. He can deal with that information as he sees fit. The nice thing about dating is that you can change your mind or make up your mind about the person anytime you want. You don't owe him anything. Now, once you are in a relationship, then things get difficult.

cya,

Robert

The first try, well he just thought you might be interested in him but you pushed him back with no determination. So I take it he thought you are playing shy or caught off guard so he went for the second try... Anyway, do I think you are mean... Oh yes absolutely... Come'n, you weren't attracted to him so you made him know that you don't want to be kissed. That doesn't make you mean. I bet he probably thought you were but let's put into percpective: If I don't like someone to kiss me, I reject her first attempt but if she comes back for more, naturally I get defensive towards her "quest" and make sure she realize my discontent. In the process, you may come out as someone with no heart but you don't have to go against your own feelings, never. That's all to it. Don't worry about it; he'll forget about the whole thing the next week.