getting over a crush

I've liked this guy for ages...but nothing is gonna happen...so I hoped maybe here I would get suggestions about getting over him...here's my story:

I liked this guy at school...I think he liked me too...anyway he left for another school (boarding school to be exact)...so I rarely see him. He visits our school occasionally when he's on holidays...anyway I've been trying to get over him cause I know, most likely nothing will come of it and I'm driving my poor friends insane about him.

It's really hard getting over him because little things remind me of him...like certain songs, pictures of him, even just wandering around my school reminds me he was once here but he's now gone and it hurts a lot...I hoped originally I could just live this out...thinking it would pass but it hasn't.

I feel that if I tell him I like him...the response I get is what I will do next and I know whatever the response might be it'll be good for us (my friends and me!)...so I did tell him and I'm hoping he'll just reject me (sounds weird...I know) and we could remain friends or something like that, but so far there's been no reply from him (I told him in an email a few days ago, as we live quite apart...my school being 100 kms from home and I rarely see him in my school town anyway).

So what do you guys suggest to help me get over him? I'm grateful for any ideas, suggestions, etc. Thankyou!

Boy, oh boy, does this sound famililar, except i was the guy with the crush on "that girl". The only advice i can give is eventually it will pass. I had a crush on a girl for about ummm...alomst a year, but eventuallly after asking her out twice and spending more time with her, i realized i didnt really like her. Your situation however may be different. if it is tell me and ill try again.

you are being dishonest with yourself by saying that you want him to reject you...

Deep inside you are feeling unsure of what his reaction will be since you told him that u like him, and he hasnt responded yet...by u saying this, it is preparing u for the worst, versus having high hopes and he wind up saying that hes not feeling u that way...

right now, the best thing may be to wait it out until u hear back from him. Try to remain in a non conclusive mindset, stay neutral about it, but do prepare urself for an outcome that could go anyway,..but dont go to extremes by saying u want him to reject u because u really dont, or else u wouldnt be driving ur friends crazy talking about how incredible he is...

Id like to suggest in whateva outcome, let him know that u just think the world of him and want to be friends. Being friends with sumone does wonders, and u will keep in touch with him constantly and know whats going on with one another...its a sure way of getting to know him better, and him stoppin by to see YOU when he returns...dont try to force urself t o get over him tho...

cookies

hey!!! this sounds very similar except i was the guy with a "crush" on the girl. But, i don't call it 'crush' as i had real feelings for her but she called it a crush. the same thing happnd to me. i dropped her a mail saying i wanted to be her partner etc. but she didnt reply...finally when i told her abt my feelings..she said that she was serious with another guy and wanted to be frens with me and hence did not want to reply.... so i guess it may be the same for u. be prepared for NEGATIVE outcomes and wait to see what happens..

CoolGuy

Thanks for all the advice...I did get a reply and it was horrible.

He came on MSN late last night read my email and said:

"Stop stalking me"

Obviously he thought it was a silly joke or some dumb bet I'd done with friends...and seeing that his horrible friend was there also and his friend was paying me out, I went along with his "joke" so as not to appear silly...I dunno....anyway it really hurt and I've realised he is an immature and arrogant little male...but I'm over him thanks to what he's said...and sometimes I feel idiotic for even liking him...I feel betrayed that I gave away this to him...to someone who tossed me aside and thought I was a joke...so I laughed along...I didnt know what else to do.