question on partying and getting tired of it?

lovestinks

Well, being a girl I can only tell you what guys have told me about their feelings on partying.

It's new and exciting when you're bursting out of high school and away at college. It's fun to celebrate events--sports, bachelor parties, new jobs, and then, as you get older it starts to be less fun. Maybe you've had bad experiences (DUI or whatever). Maybe your body can't take the staying out too late and drinking too much. Sometimes you get into a relationship where your girlfriend or wife doesn't want you to party too hard and lets you know. Sometimes your friends stop partying or move away. Sometimes your work schedule won't allow it. Maybe years pass and you look up in the bars to see that everyone is 5 years (or more) younger than you. Or the cute girl in the club dancing with you and tipsy isn't cute after all. Some people don't outgrow it, but do it less as they age, or move it to their homes or friend's homes and all get drunk and play games and everyone sleeps over.

These are comments I've heard from people I know.

I don't go for partying type of guys.

Yeah LOL This is an interesting one!

When I was at a party that someone filmed a couple of years ago, I suddenly became more mature!!! I said to myself "no-wonder I always end up with that kind of girl (or none at all!)" after seeing the video.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the occasional party, and can show folk 7 years younger how to have a great time.........but I can no-longer drink a 10 pack of cider like I used to do every weekend when I was 16!!! LOL

I'm more into parties for two i.e: three's a crowd

Actually people do get tired of partying.My uncle did it all his life and never realized how stupid it really was.....Hes like 48 now.Wishing he had kids or did something special with his life.Now hes addicted to cocaine and hasnt really amounted to anything.Cousins are partying like mad wasting their parents money failing at universities gosh damn fricken idiots.This is the kind of partying ive seen.

Its a new and fun experience once you reach that age. I did for 4 years, clubbing, bars and partying. However, it got boring for me because you always see the same people every weekend doing the same things. I guess as I got older, my priorities changed, and I dont really care to be in a bar or partying.

I guess as I got older, my priorities changed, and I dont really care to be in a bar or partying.

Perfectly stated!

I always had to go out, be there, the center of it all, for if I wasn't, then I would miss out on something important I thought. As time rolled by, my priorities began to change, and I started to focus on school, work, proper sleep and diet, and working out, and more intimate relationships (romantic and platonic).

I realized that I have not been missing out on anything. Here's the way I look at bars: yes, they are fun if it's a good night, but, I go out, I get drunk, I drop a good deal of cash, I make it home somehow, I wake up the next day feeling like crap, pee what's left in me out, and wonder where my cash is when I have nothing to show for it.

On occasion doing that is ok, but I did have a little party phase at a point and that's how I began to think then.

At the same time, I do not regret it. It was a learning experience, and there were trade-offs:

1) I spent time and money at bars/pubs/clubs and was able to experience that part of life.

2) My social skills developed at a much rapid pace. Mingling with people at the bar, be it friends or people you randomly meet, builds confidence and develops certain skills (assuming you're not just a drunk slob hitting on anything that is alive).

• 4 weeks later...

The scene gets old fast. It's disgusting when you have people who are old enough to be your father hit on you. Nasty. Sooner or later, the same old scene of having drunk people act all stupid on you gets really old fast. I miss my clubbing buddy. She's a mommy now, but oh well.

Personally, I like dancing. Bar hopping is a bit different for me. I think it's really annoying, and I don't really find the guys nor the girls there personally amuzing. Some of them act pretty stupid and fake. It's also very entertaining when you get free drinks from pretentious older looking men who look like they're in a mid-life crisis get drunker than hell. They think they're the all that when they're not. And, they think that just because they pull up in nice cars, and have hook ups to get in for free, that they're automatically superior. I personally think people who are extremely into the bar scene (and this is my personal opinion) are people who are superficial and insecure. I like going to D&B's sometmes though; it's more of a nice/fun relaxing atmosphere. Plus, you can play skee-balls! =P Or, lounge-type areas are nice. If you live in Southern Cali- Ivar and Myagis along the Sunset strip are nice places to go to, once in a while.

• 4 years later...

yeah,, i'm not 21 and havn't been clubbing but i'm 16 and have been partying for years now it seams like i work my ass off during the week and blow all my money on the weekend on beer and weed, it's all i do is spend my money on and cigarettes. every weekend i go to a party and play beer pong and smoke some pot and barely make it to school for mondayy or tuesday or sometimes wednesday i'm still trying to recover till wednesday and i just starting to realize it's getting old quick and i'm just hurting myself in the long run but ik i'm young and just having fun but it get's old..

I definitely got tired of partying and went straight into becoming a homebody. I rarely visited a bar or club or went to a party for over a year. Then the past couple of weeks, I've been wanting to go out more, but much more moderately. I rarely stay out past 11 and I usually like to go to a quite bar with a friend or two for a couple of drinks. I guess it's just whatever you feel like doing at the time. I will have to say, I will never EVER be able to go back to the partying lifestyle I had in college. For me, it's a pointless waste of money and energy.

I am sooooooooo excited to be finally turning 35, because now I never have to worry about having to go to bars or clubs ever again, and there will be lots of women who don't go to them anymore, either. This is truly going to be wonderful. I have been waiting for this age for a long time.

Archived