Why do most girls like older guys???

Why do girls like older guys? I'm a 17 yr old male. So I'm still in highschool. And I see that in most couples at my school the guy is usually about 2 years older than the girl. Why is that? My guy friends think it's weird. Like when we see a dude whose in grade 12 with a chick from grade 10, my friends always go: "look at those tards." and i always go: "so?" and they say: "dude, r u blind? she's only in grade 10!" I've talked to some girls about this and they don't know how to explain it. they just kinda struggle for a while, mumbling words and then change the subject. But really i can't see why 2-3 years should matter. You see the thing is that i look younger than i actually am. most dudes in my grade look way older than me. some can be easily mistaken for adults. while me, well let me tell u this. 2 years ago we went to see a 13+ movie, and the ticket booth guy was having a bad day or sumthing, and he let my friends in, but he wouldnt let me in. i didn't have any ID with me, cuz this never happened before. and last fall when gta san andreas came out, u no how its rated 17+. well my friends had no problem getting the game, but when i went to buy it i had to bring in my mother, cuz they wouldn't sell it. i don't look that young, but i dont look 17. most people think im about 14 or 15. so as u probably can tell 16, 17 yr old girls aren't very interested in me. especially if they like older guys. so i seem to attract younger girls. 13-15 mostly 13. and if my friends think that its sick for a guy to be dating a girl that is 2-3 years younger than him, then...i am at a loss. 17 and 13 is even worse than 17 and 14 or 15. and it's not just my friends. alot of guys, at my school, think that it's sick. they would rather have a 20 yr old chick, cuz she has "bigger" breasts, and she is more mature. in other words she wants to have sex. so um why do girls like older guys? most guys seem to want older girls. im thinking that its probably a teenage thing. like all they want is sex. so when they get a little older they will get over it. what do u think.

First of all I can relate as I'm also 17 just 3 months ago some woman asked if I was under 12 years of age. I'm 5'10 though so go figure. Anyway, there are tons of reasons why girls go for older guys. First it's because they're older. They can do more and if a girl can go out with an older guy she probably feels "cooler" amongst her friends. Secondly they all say girls mature quicker than guys, so a girl two years younger is usually going to be at the same maturity level. That's not always the case but it is most of the time. As far as if they think it's sick or not, yeah I'd agree it's sick for a 13 - 16 year old girl to have sex in the first place. As far as dating them goes? I say it's the same. I don't think girls should be dating at an age that they can't even drive. Hanging out is fine, but DATING? I wouldn't call it that. However if you're in high school and you want to "go out" with someone younger I don't see anything wrong with that. My parents are 4 years apart. My dad was in college and he was going out with a 10th grader. What would have happened if he listened to his friends? Yeah I wouldn't be here. It's not a big deal but hopefully that answers your questions.

- Chris

I just turned 17, and Ive only dated one person who was younger than me... which was about three months.

I think girls like to date older guys for a couple of reasons.

1. they feel protected bc he is bigger/stronger

2. its a coincidence

3. for some girls its the car issue

4. in my school, the older guys go after the younger "naive" girls

Just a few... i dont know my about it... bc i dont do things normal... but... anyways

I agree with aireyc about the maturity thing.

I'm more mature than most guys my age, which is a good thing I guess. I've pursued girls younger than I when I was in high school, though none of them even got to a first date. I guess at one point I was being desperate (rejected by a sophomore when I was a senior). At the time it crushed me, but looking back on it, I can just smile and laugh at all the so-called "drama" that went on. The only difference for me was that I was a mature nice guy, not a mature jerk, which sounds like an oxymoron, but the maturity thing must not always be true, because my high school had a ton of jerks. And of course, girls stick to jerks like glue on paper.

I did the mature things guys would do, yet I was pretty much on an entirely different level than most of the guys there. Although, I didn't develop an interest in girls until my senior year, so it wasn't that bad. Through the help of eNotAlone, I fixed some bad habits before I started to develop them.

Anyway...

I think the reason girls for the older guys is because the older guy has experienced more, has been to more places, most likely smarter, probably has a car, is the "leader of the pack" in a sense, and can protect you.

It is kind of silly, but some things will never change... I guess.

Um girls in high school have more of a pick over who to date so they choose older guys. If you could choose betwen a 17 y/o girl and a 19 y/o girl who would you pick. Take a look at a 17 y/o and a 19 y/o female and tell me who you find more attractive. Girls find older guys more attractive for exactly the same reason. (Lol it's very funny we're talking about 17 y/os as older men) haha. Believe me if you were a teenage girl you'd want to date a 17 y/o as opposed to a 15 y/o also. They're smarter, more confident, cooler, more interesting,and more attractive. It's kinda obvious why you'd wanna date someone who was grade 12 as you call it as opposed to grade 10. It's more exciting with an older man in the 12th grade because it's not something you're used to (she's around 10th graders all day so a 12th grader is special) this is all really obvious i mean duh,look at justin timberlake when he was in nsync and look at him now, it doesn't take a genius to see how he has improved. Just sit tight and wait until you're in grade 12 or date someone in who's 8th grade now and they'll think you're super cool. Laura

lol well im the exception. its tough to get through though. okay im 17 and actually look at LEATS 18 and i could pass for older. when i was a freshman (gr 9) i mean ALOTT of older guys (even in gr 12) asked me out. but im a very mature person and i didnt know them i didnt like them and yes i turend them down. really personally age means NOTHING. i mean obviously iwouldnt be dating a 12 year old lol but it so happens my bf for almost 2 years now is a year and 4 months younger than me. yes thats right...lol. i think hes ADORABLE and has qualities that definitely beat some idiot in gr 12 or whatever. and i like that iget to set the pace and what not. yes most girls like older guys but i can definitely say it relaly doesnt matter to me. and to some girls it doesnt, ts all about who you are. and um...im into guys who have a baby face and stuff like just my taste. o btw seriously the whole say a 19 yr old girl vs. a 17 yr old being more attractive or even with guys--TOTALLY UNTRUE. i mean obviously the diff between a 13 yr old and 15 year old is probably visable, but girls are pretty much fully grown by 16 (i mean breasts and stuff is pretty much done, even height) and guys by 17 or 18. so really it makes NO DIFFERENCE. but another reason girls might go for older guys--going for a younger one causes ppl to tlak shi*. but now that its lasted ppl respect us alot because its one of the best relationsihp seen. but really most relationship dont and a girl would be called desperate dating a guy younger

It's true that the majority of girls will date guys older. It is because they are more mature. The reason is that mature guys are less likely to embarrass them in front of their family, friends or in public!

The girls also realise that they are more experienced where relationships are concerned.

And finally, it's an advantage that they can drive and have a car.

I've always been attracted to older guys because they tend to have more patience. Not only that, I tend to get along with people who are older than me anyway. I also like the fact that older guys have 'been there' been through that, so I feel as though we can empathize on a deeper level. Oldest guy I ever dated was 8 close to 9 years older than me. One thing that I liked about him was the fact that he took me seriously. Although we had a nasty break up, I won't forget all of the weekend trips that he planned.

That's another benefit to dating a guy who's older and is ready to take a girl serious. He plans things. Guys that I know who are close to my age, tend to not take me seriously. They always do things 'at the last minute.' They tend to be wreckless with me. The ones that I dated, were less romantic, tended to be more impatient, and were jerks in general. I also get sick of hearing how they "got drunk" this one time at a party...stories like that aren't very amuzing. I'd rather spend time talking to a guy who has better things to say.

I want a guy who will take me seriously, that means, I want a guy who knows what he wants, rather than a guy who's still discovering who he is.

It's true that young girls like older guys, but there is a big difference between liking someone and loving someone. I believe that younger girls can like older guys, but its hard to imagine there is any love there because there is such a difference in life circumstance.

There have been several times when girls, some as young as 13, have liked me (I am 22)...but could they really love me? Yes they chased me around, and told all thier friends how infactuated they were with me...but did they really love me? No!!!!!

Love usually happens between people who are similar, including people who have similar ages.

ok i am 14 years old, and when i date a guy he is mainly 2-4 years older than me. I think for one that i date guys older is because one they are a whole lot mature, b/c girls mature faster than guys and that is bout the time a guy starts to grow up. im in a small relationship right now, where i can say he is quite a bit older. i am no mentioning though. second thing is they have cars and can drive, in stead of their mother carting them around, and third of all you dont often see older woman dating guys younger than them

ok i am 14 years old, and when i date a guy he is mainly 2-4 years older than me. I think for one that i date guys older is because one they are a whole lot mature, b/c girls mature faster than guys and that is bout the time a guy starts to grow up. im in a small relationship right now, where i can say he is quite a bit older. i am no mentioning though. second thing is they have cars and can drive, in stead of their mother carting them around, and third of all you dont often see older woman dating guys younger than them

Don't you think that dating older guys because they have cars is a little shallow and thereforeeee just a little - well, you know - immature?

honestly the age gap thing really to me im being honest the difference between a 16 yr old and an 18 year old is close to nothing! i mean maybe generally speaking with age guys are more mature but not necessarily...you girls are fooling yourselves lol. i mean even me, i am often attracted to older guys because i am very mature but i still follow my heart (ended up with a younger guy). and as someone mentioned, often age gaps present obstacles that make a relationship near impossible! and even though you might get along with someone who is older better than someone your age the obstacles will cause problems. for example, say a 16 year old boy with a license has say a good bit of freedom while a 14 year old girl wouldnt be allowed to get involvedi n something like that. and thtas just a 2 year diff. really in high school a small age difference will often present its problems. so girls are fooling themselves with the supposed benefits...i agree there are. however there are benefits to dating guys your age as well as guys younger than you, its all about finding the right person. so i agree that in some cases, its actually an immature way of thinking to feel that you should really "aim" for an older guy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 21 and my b/f is 37. He's been married twice and has two kids. He has full custody of both of them and has a full time job. What do I find so sexy about this?

1). His ex-wives did a GREAT job training him!! I didn't have to do a lot! He knows EXACTLY what a girl wants physically and emotionally. He knows women, or at least he knows me.

2). He takes responsibility for his past. He has custody of his kids. In the back of my mind I think if "something" were to happen, he would be there and step up.

3). He's not living with his parents! You would not believe how many 20 something guys still live with thier mommies. He doesn't have to ask permission to have a girl spend the night.

However, I don't think any of my attraction has to do with his age alone. When we met and he told me his age I almost said no to the whole thing. Not to mention my family are completely aginst the whole thing, as well as my friends. So, I'm not dating him to "look cool." B/c I know that I look like an idiot in front of my family and friends.

Christina

Do you really think it appropriate to say the his ex-wives 'trained' him - are you 'trained' and if so, did whoever 'train' you did as good a job?

He is a man - not a dog. Perhaps you need to adjust your thinking about male-female relationships.

Girls prefer older guys to guys their age bcoz girls mature earlier than guys. Hence a girl of 17 finds a guy of 17 generally immature, and stupid in most cases. Thus they go for guys older than them so that they have a compatible mental level of thinking.

link removed

I know this is not the topic exactly...but older guys like younger women generally because they are easier...

Also they might like them because they want something fresher...

It is true that in the early stages...generally a girl supposedly matures faster than a boy...but they catch up around a certain point. However...a girl might like an older guy because he more likely resembles her father than would a younger male...

There could of course be many more reasons...which some I believe are very immature.

I on the other hand like older women because they are more mature, are done with playing all the silly games and such and are just sexier in my mind.

My current girlfriend is just one year older than me though...