Age gap with a younger girl

Hi all, im new so please go easy on me....

Anyways im just 17 and where i work one of my friends (whos in her late 30's) has introduced me to her daughter who is younger then me.

We have been chatting and texting easy other for the last 2 or 3 weeks and i really like her.

The problem is that although she looks and acts old (maybe around 15 or 16) she is only 12.

I know she really likes me and has been dropping hints, i also really like her, i just don;t know what to do for the best.

She is really a nice girl, but obviosly very young, her mother is a good friend of mine and see's no problem with this.

Can anyone please give me some advice?

Cheers

I have had the opposite experience. I had a relationship with a much older woman. But from my point of view, starting something with a 12 year old girl is not the thing to do. At that age people dont know what they want and need. My sister is 12 and she has no idea about life and relationships. Put it down to hormones and dont make a move. Its just far too young! And besides, she hasnt even begun to "form" into a woman, she is still a little girl mate!

Ben

honestly, the way you look and what you are inside, emotionally and physically are very different! she may look older, and you may be attracted to her, but remember that she is still just a little girl mate! despite how she might seem.

Hope this gets better for you!

Ben

I don't see a real problem with a relationship or dating if she as an especially mature 12 year old. But that would only be if you're willing to have a relationship that is non-sexual for a few years, and know that you can keep it that way. I once wouldn't have had this opinion, but have in recent years seen a couple of relationships like that (where the younger of the couples were exceptional and rare in their emotional maturity), that really were fine.

This depends on a few factors. First of all, are her/your parents going to be supportive of this? Are you going to catch crap from your friends? Are -you- even sure that you want to be going out with a little girl? Because yes, even though she may not seem like it, she -isn't even a teenager-. If you can deal with this, keep it totally non sexual, then that's alright, but you have to be careful. For the most part, I would reccomend at least waiting.

sorry to burst your bubble man, but i think you should probably try to date someone your own age because of the simple fact that she's young, and i think it's best if you found someone your own age, or just talk to her as friends, but don't try to get intimate with her. you don't wanna be locked up for statutory rape if she happens to want to have sex with you one day. that wouldn't look good in your point of view. your best bet is to either find someone at least closer to your age, or like a year older than you. good luck man!

• 2 weeks later...

I must say i have 2 disagree to some peoples replys on here. I do not think there should be a problem with it if u kno u will both be happy. Im with some1 5 years older than me and im 14. My parents kno and have accepted him for who he is and not just sum1 older than me.

• 5 months later...

I'm new to this site, but I notice that some of you are experiencing similar thoughts. 3 months ago I began dating a girl from school, whom I had known for about 3 months prior. We were in the same classes and worked on the same project together. One day after class we went to get dinner and stayed there al night talking, and shortly after that we began dating. Aside from a ribbon cutting ceremony and the marching band she has moved in and I have never been happier, but the only thing that has made concern for me is the age difference. I'm 29 and she is 22, which might not be bad but I'll be turning 30 in June. I don't look like I'd be 30 in fact most people think I'm in my mid twenties. Just wondering if I'm crazy for thinking there is an issue. I know it's not now, but I see a future and wonder if when I'm 40 and she is 33 if there will be the temptation of a younger man. I was with a girl for 6 years and she screwed with my head pretty good. I now see relationships as a matter of when not if. For her and everyone else they think it's a mute point as I work out and eat right, but I just was wondering. I know women age quicker than men and I understand the affects of kids on their body, but I've never been faced with getting older and I'm wondering if the age difference in the long term will be a problem. It's probably ego driven but I want to make sure I keep her wanting more of me. Any suggestions?

Hi I kind of have the same problem I am 13 turning 14 in August and he is 16 turning 17 in october I have met his parents and we get along great and he has met my mom but not my dad yet because my dad is over protective. I really love him and he really loves me but i don't kno if it is right because of the age difference i really need advice because we love each other but there is about a 3 year age difference. Please help me.

~Confused one~

Confused one01, if you love each other and your parents consent, then you should go for the relationship. Always follow your heart. Just be aware that there are a lot of issues and problems that could come up. For instance, if you are still together when he graduates and goes to college, how will that affect things? Or is sex going to be an issue? Any relationship can work if there is love and the people work through things that come up. But being young, there are many issues that could easily get in the way.

I know it's hard to just forget your feelings about her, especially if you feel like your suited. I can only think of one thing when I was 13, I like a 15 or 18 year old guy and he couldn't made the move because of my folks and I keep dreaming about him, but when he left our town, I eventually forgot him. I think you can try and distance yourself for the time being (while she's still young) if it's really hard for you. Maybe you can try moving to another school, or try to do other stuff that would take you away from her.

12 is too young and in one yr, ur gonna be 18, legal age, while she would only be 13, still a little girl. Yea, when I was 12, I looked like 16, girls do mature fast psysically, but at that age, ur aren't mature emotionally. Think of the trouble u can get once u turn 18. Best thing u can do is keep it as friends and wait yrs later when she turns 18.