30 (F). I've been celibate for 14 months. 

Everytime when I have a drink I get so horny to a point that I would sleep with the next good looking stranger.

I feel terrible and this isn't healthy and safe, I'm aware. 

Yesterday I got intoxicated and I slept with a man I had just met. I feel terrible.

I think the best thing for me would be to quit alcohol at this point before I catch a disease. 

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, Halle Berry23 said:

I think the best thing for me would be to quit alcohol at this point before I catch a disease. 

Did you use any sort of protection? Where did you meet this man? 

And yes, it would be best to stop drinking completely if you know it impairs your judgment to this extent. 

But try not to beat yourself up too much. You are human and gave into an impulse. It happens. Take this instead a lesson in looking after yourself more, and don't repeat it in the future. 

• Like 1

If you're feeling regretful or uneasy about your actions after consuming alcohol that's your mind's eye opening up and saying to you this is not right. Good on you for recoiling and seeing that, fear not this is experience and reminder to recenter yourself with your priorities and direction in life. 🙏🏼💚

Yes, and don't beat yourself over it, this will only lead to you feeling fricking terrible about yourself and that won't do you any good.

• Like 2

Yes please be careful and take this as a warning for sure. You could be robbed/beaten up by a stranger you consent to. Let alone the pregnancy/STD risks.

I have never been intoxicated but really stupidly hooked up with a guy at a club med resort and invited him back to my room because on the other side of the partition was my female roommate.  He was intoxicated.  He tried to force himself on me and when I said no he tried to force me to give oral sex.  Then he said "you know I'm much bigger than you and could make you" -like that.  I then had to let him stay because he basically passed out from being intoxicated.  I was really stupid in my choices.  And really lucky. 

Another time I was with a serious boyfriend who was really intoxicated at a party in the Hamptons where we were staying overnight.  This obnoxious woman who was drunk too and with her boyfriend came on to him and he agreed to walk on the beach with her.  I was so mad I said yes to her boyfriend who was mad too and asked me to take a walk.  When he led me to a dark part of the beach and came on to me, I ran. I was lucky as he was also much stronger and bigger than me.

Again it was impulsive from frustration and also connected to others choosing to be drunk -it just can lead to unsafe/dangerous situations. I didn't choose to be sexually assaulted and at the same time I made impulsive choices to let a drunk stranger into my room.  This was almost 30 years ago and I remember it clearly -it leaves lasting effects -why risk it??

10 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

Did you use any sort of protection? Where did you meet this man? 

And yes, it would be best to stop drinking completely if you know it impairs your judgment to this extent. 

But try not to beat yourself up too much. You are human and gave into an impulse. It happens. Take this instead a lesson in looking after yourself more, and don't repeat it in the future. 

I met him at my friends birthday party.

Yes, we did use protection. 

Thank you. I've joined an app called "I am sober" and I'm very adamant about my decision to quit alcohol for good. I'm putting my health first. I know it won't be easy but it's the road I'm taking.

10 hours ago, yogacat said:

If you're feeling regretful or uneasy about your actions after consuming alcohol that's your mind's eye opening up and saying to you this is not right. Good on you for recoiling and seeing that, fear not this is experience and reminder to recenter yourself with your priorities and direction in life. 🙏🏼💚

Yes, and don't beat yourself over it, this will only lead to you feeling fricking terrible about yourself and that won't do you any good.

I'm taking a firm stand. It ends today. I'm aware that the journey to soberity will be a hard one but I'm quite adamant about it. I have to prioritize my health and myself. I don't want to have to live with feelings of guilt and shame.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The hardest part is taking the first step and admitting there is a problem. You've done that, congratulations. I've seen the dangers of alcohol and how it can mess people up. It impairs your judgement and can lead to really unhealthy and dangerous decisions. If you don't think it's safe for you to drink, then stop and stick to your decision. You'll be happier in the long term then any drink could ever provide.

At the same time, don't be too hard on yourself. Life is a process of making mistakes and learning from them. Nothing too terrible happened, so be glad for that. And know that you are strong and can stay sober. We're all rooting for you. You can do it.

• Like 1