Prayers for California...

Flooding in the grounds of my apartment complex. Water reached halfway up my back steps but didn't reach my actual apartment. My neighbor in my complex is getting water intrusion through their windows but so far I have just got a little bit. I haven't checked my car since Monday but I could see the water reached midway up the tires and the edge of the doors but hadn't gotten inside. I have to park on the street, BTW. 

I told my manager I wanted to work remotely as I didn't feel safe driving since so many streets in my city were flooded. He said OK, but I would have refused to come in even if he hadn't. 

I'm going to look around today after the rain stops to see how bad it is. I do know tree limbs and palm fronds are everywhere.

I also haven't been able to do laundry since last week (laundry room is reached through the grounds, which have been flooded!) Hopefully today.

But overall I'm safe. So are my kids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yikes, having been through a few flood events I  feel for you all.

Also @boltnrun, when safe after the water recedes go out an start the car and just let it idle for a while. There could well be water in the electrical system, you need to let the engine compartment heat up enough to start evaporating the water. Then After that do some short around the block driving. Probably fine, but I've seen enough "flood cars" break down to advise taking things slow.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, beatlesfan77 said:

Hoping that all of you in California are safe. Also, hoping that the soldiers from the helicopter located near San Diego are found alive and well. 

Sadly they found their bodies. I hate to hear about this happening to any service people, who bravely chose to protect us. 

• Sad 2

Just read death toll thus far is 9.

>>The body of the 63-year-old Fair Oaks woman was discovered after her employer requested a welfare check because she hadn’t shown up at work, the Sacramento County sheriff’s office said.<<

Apparently a tree in her backyard toppled killing her.

More prayers and may she, the two soldiers and all who lost their lives from this monster RIP.

Stay indoors and stay safe!!

On 2/8/2024 at 7:41 AM, boltnrun said:

Sadly they found their bodies. I hate to hear about this happening to any service people, who bravely chose to protect us. 

Agreed, it's just awful and I'm thinking about all of the family members.  Last night I found out that one of them was a local. 

• Sad 1
On 2/8/2024 at 7:10 AM, rainbowsandroses said:

More prayers and may she, the two five soldiers and all who lost their lives from this monster RIP.

Hopefully, the worst of it is over!  It was downpouring this morning, but the sun's been peeking through on and off and it's supposed to be a nice weekend, and next week upcoming.

Some very weird weather happening; I just read that some parts of L.A. and San Diego got an entire year's worth of rain in 4 days.

Crazy.

Stay safe.

4 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Hopefully, the worst of it is over!  It was downpouring this morning, but the sun's been peeking through on and off and it's supposed to be a nice weekend, and next week upcoming.

Some very weird weather happening; I just read that some parts of L.A. and San Diego got an entire year's worth of rain in 4 days.

Crazy.

Stay safe.

I think we're supposed to get that rain over the weekend.  The PGA Waste Management event had to be suspended a few times because of the rain we received this past week.  That is incredible how you got a year's worth of rain in four days!