What to do if a sibling won't give an item back to you?

Hello so last week I had an argument with my sister and decided to go stay with a friend for a few days. I came back home and found out my stereo system has been stolen. I bought these speakers from our dad for $50 since he moved and sold them to me.  My sister got the wrong idea that I "abandoned" the speakers, took them out of my room and she refuses to give them back. Our bedrooms are next to each other and so now she blasts music with the bass really loud all day. I politely told her to either give me the speakers back or zelle me the $50 if she really wants to keep them. She is refusing to do either. Our parents won't get involved since they live in their own place (we rent from them).  So.. what can I do?  She is selfish and nothing will get solved.   I'm not about to get a lawsuit involved. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, sarafollows said:

Hello so last week I had an argument with my sister and decided to go stay with a friend for a few days  My sister got the wrong idea that I "abandoned" the speakers, took them out of my room and she refuses to give them back. 

Ask your parents (landlords) to install locks on your respective bedroom doors. Neither of you should be entering the other's room without permission, no less borrowing items. If you storm out of the house, please don't expect others to watch your property without asking.