Relationship with Crazy GF is Over, unsure what to do

guyguy420

For those who haven’t seen my previous posts, my girlfriend, now ex-, was a handful. She was controlling, intrusive, and emotionally abusive. The other day, she randomly stopped making fun of me (literally in the middle of doing it) to calmly say she didn’t love me anymore and didn’t want to be together. I tried to talk with her, but after a few days to myself I’ve decided I am ready to start making myself move on. 

Though, with this new lease on life and an opportunity to focus on myself, I still end up feeling lonely. It’s strange, because before dating her I had not felt lonely when I was single, or when I went through the break up before her. I want to start dating again, soon, but understand why I should wait. I fear that even if I wait, and focus on myself, I’m not going to know what a normal or healthy, adult relationship looks like and that I may end up being paranoid as a defense mechanism or ending up with another, similarly undesirable woman. 

I also have no idea how to date. At first, I was scared because I have never dated outside of my high school days, as this relationship carried from when I was 17. But then I thought , I met her at a party, so no problem! Only to soon realize, over the two years we’ve been dating she has isolated me in way or another from all of my friends and the ones she didn’t demand be gone or fight with, I had my own falling outs with. 

How do I start dating again? And for that matter, how do I make friends again? : /

Life has been a doozie. I got kicked out of my Dads and have been bobbling between motels, my grandmothers, and my great aunts. I also lost my car. I’m at no shortage of money, not like I have anything to spend it on. And no shortage of work, 6 days a week 50 hour minimum. But despite that, having no friends and thus no way to meet people or go to social events, I feel like getting back out there is going to be pretty hard. 

Idk, I feel like I can’t remember how I used to make friends or talk to girls, and I feel like I used to be a much more, very sociable boy and adolescent but perhaps my social skills have been stunted. 

The fact that you tried to remain in the relationship and tried to talk your ex out of breaking up with you despite how horribly she treated you shows you have some work to do regarding how you view relationships. 

I agree, get things in order such as housing and transportation first. Then take some time to think about why you thought you "loved" someone who insulted and isolated you. Was it because you didn't want to try to find someone else? Or is it in fact what you think love should be like?

You can still reconnect with your previous friends and spend time with them without having to date. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, guyguy420 said:

. I got kicked out of my Dads and have been bobbling between motels, my grandmothers, and my great aunts. I also lost my car. I’m at no shortage of money, not like I have anything to spend it on. 

What happened with your father and your car? Is your credit ok? Please try to find secure housing. Don't worry about dating right now.