Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Yays and Nays

boltnrun

I'm glad you got it out!  I was severely constipated for the first time ever when I was pregnant -first trimester - and I was allowed to take Colace which helped - I don't remember if I was on prenatals -I know all about iron and constipation lol.  

I'm glad you're ok and I too have weird dreams if my stomach isn't right!

I slept better last night. Although I had another weird dream. I have some dreams that recur every so often. In this one I was driving the car I had before I bought the one I have now. I was driving up a VERY steep hill. For some reason I got out of the car and walked up some stairs, then had to retrieve my car at the top of the steep hill. I've had this dream before. Weird. Almost all of my dreams involve either leaving some place and driving or driving and arriving at some place. My family features prominently in these dreams too. 

But I'm grateful for being able to sleep. 

Some of the people in Supply Chain are trying to drag me into their processes. I do not work in the Supply Chain department and will not do any of their functions. They always say "we just want you to be aware of how the processes work!" which translates into them trying to get me to take over some of their work. Not going to happen UNLESS they give me a significant raise. Their manager just quit so they're scrambling but they need to address that within their own department.  

• Sad 1

I'm so sick and tired of doctors that charge me $125 and don't even examine me. The last two didn't even touch me once. And I have a lump in my neck that's painful when I push on it and I'm so tired all the time and nothing has been done about it. They just order the same thyroid blood test and renew my thyroid medication prescription. Also my company raised the insurance deductible to $1800 (!) with no option to pay higher premiums for a lower deductible. So I have to pay everything up to that amount out of pocket. I have an HSA but that stupid sleep study used up $250 of it so I have to wait for it to replenish. In the meantime this lump could grow or get worse. I have better healthcare than I did before but the doctors still suck. 

• Sad 1

Ugh, I made a mistake at work. I HATE making mistakes. Yeah, everyone makes mistakes, blah blah blah. But I shouldn't. And it was something I did for the lady who has been copying my manager so it was the last person I should screw up in front of. I'm so frustrated. I freaked out because I'd missed an emailed instruction from someone so I tried to hurry and get the task done. EVERY time I make a mistake it's when I'm trying to hurry. I am old enough to know better than to try to hurry and I should have learned from the previous 8,592 times I've screwed up when I hurry. My biggest flaw is I seem to be unable to SLOW THE EFF DOWN. I NEED to get everything done NOW and it bites me in the ass every single time. This horrible trait of mine has to stop. 

50 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Ugh, I made a mistake at work. I HATE making mistakes. Yeah, everyone makes mistakes, blah blah blah. But I shouldn't. And it was something I did for the lady who has been copying my manager so it was the last person I should screw up in front of. I'm so frustrated. I freaked out because I'd missed an emailed instruction from someone so I tried to hurry and get the task done. EVERY time I make a mistake it's when I'm trying to hurry. I am old enough to know better than to try to hurry and I should have learned from the previous 8,592 times I've screwed up when I hurry. My biggest flaw is I seem to be unable to SLOW THE EFF DOWN. I NEED to get everything done NOW and it bites me in the ass every single time. This horrible trait of mine has to stop. 

I'm sorry! I have that flaw too. I have to verbally remind myself and yes that's when I make mistakes/ get klutzy etc.  Not trying to flatter-stating my factual impression from all you write that you are a very valued and valuable person there so I hope you cut yourself slack.  I would be frustrated too and I hope you feel better.

Thank you. Yes, I have been told I am a valued employee and I usually do a great job, but I was so flustered by missing that email that I rushed. And that was stupid. Taking five extra minutes to make sure I did it right would not have gotten me fired. 

The basis for why I do everything at panic speed is from when I was a kid and my mother was constantly yelling "hurry up, hurry UP!!!!!" and telling me how slow I was. I should be over that by now but for some reason my sponge brain refuses to LET IT GO. 

5 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Thank you. Yes, I have been told I am a valued employee and I usually do a great job, but I was so flustered by missing that email that I rushed. And that was stupid. Taking five extra minutes to make sure I did it right would not have gotten me fired. 

The basis for why I do everything at panic speed is from when I was a kid and my mother was constantly yelling "hurry up, hurry UP!!!!!" and telling me how slow I was. I should be over that by now but for some reason my sponge brain refuses to LET IT GO. 

Yes especially with e-mail and especially because -like you -I worked and went to school for years pre-e-mail - I have to slow down when the details matter. So easy to think you read something correctly -or wrote it correctly -and you didn't.  And then if another email is coming in or your phone pings....

Last time I was up here in the mountains it was just after my cousin died and I was angry and confused and grieving. This place helped me. It feels good to be back. And I will definitely come back as soon as I can. 

• Thanks 1

So who unpacks immediately after they return from a trip? 🙋‍♀️ And who lets the suitcase or bag sit for a week? Or more? Or even leaves it in the car for days? I dislike disorder or clutter or things out of place. 

11 hours ago, boltnrun said:

So who unpacks immediately after they return from a trip? 🙋‍♀️ And who lets the suitcase or bag sit for a week? Or more? Or even leaves it in the car for days? I dislike disorder or clutter or things out of place. 

When it comes to unpacking, since I pack for myself and my son I unpack ASAP because I actually need a number of the items in the bag and sometimes like if the hotel had a pool there is wet stuff so that needs to go in the washing machine ASAP.  Also otherwise in our small space the suitcase blocks access.  And I make sure there is no food left over that might have been opened, the liquids have to be put away to prevent a disaster lol.   We can't leave anything in the car really for safety reasons and often we don't use the car at all for a trip.  There also are some really small items -like my son's braces wax or meds that need to be put away in their proper place. Before we leave I try to have all the laundry in the plastic laundry bag easily accessible so I can unzip the suitcase in our entrance way and dump it right in the machine.

My Outlook and Teams status clearly showed I was out of the office on vacation last Thursday and Friday. And someone sent me an email Thursday afternoon that said they needed certain information (that would take me quite a while to research) within a half hour for a meeting! I hope the meeting went well for you, Person! 

The bad part of going on vacation is coming back to 70+ emails and a pile of tasks. I'll get it all done so no worries there but it's still a lot!

No more vacations! Today was a crap show especially in the afternoon, when five different people were giving me instructions on how to do something. I told them they need to get together and give me ONE list of what they need and how they need it done. And that is why we have standard work which these five people chose not to follow (with my manager's OK, BTW).

Ugh. No more vacations. Kidding. Sort of. 

• Sad 1

I told my brother that my son in law had been in a bad car accident and his car was totaled and the first thing he says is "remind me to never ride with him!"

He can be such an insensitive jerk sometimes.  He did say "J/K" after, but still...

• Sad 1

And then when I said something he says he was just having fun with it. Yeah, serious car accidents where the car is totaled are real hilarious. He can ask my son in law how much fun he's having with it. 

🙄

I don't know what happened to him but he has zero empathy. That's not how we were raised. 

8 hours ago, boltnrun said:

I told my brother that my son in law had been in a bad car accident and his car was totaled and the first thing he says is "remind me to never ride with him!"

He can be such an insensitive jerk sometimes.  He did say "J/K" after, but still...

I'm so sorry to hear this.

2 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Thanks.  YOU said sorry but he didn't.  HE doesn't apologize.  It's a sign of weakness, ya know.

It is a sign of weakness I agree. I hope your son in law is doing ok.

30 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

It is a sign of weakness I agree. I hope your son in law is doing ok.

I don't think apologizing is a sign of weakness.  I think it's a sign of strength and maturity.  And empathy, which he has been lacking since his second marriage broke up.

Thank you for asking after my son in law.  He is thankfully fine and uninjured.

3 hours ago, boltnrun said:

I don't think apologizing is a sign of weakness.  I think it's a sign of strength and maturity.  And empathy, which he has been lacking since his second marriage broke up.

Thank you for asking after my son in law.  He is thankfully fine and uninjured.

I was copying what you wrote and agreeing with you.  Sorry for the miscommunication.  I'm glad! I reread what you wrote -were you being sarcastic? I missed that. I think not apologizing in the name of pride can be a sign of weakness- that is what I thought you meant -now I see you were saying what he would think? It was confusing to me.

My brother believes apologizing shows weakness.  He calls himself a "dumb jock" and admittedly adheres to what he refers to as "1970s" mindset.  Where men were never supposed to apologize or admit when they're wrong about something.  And adults were never questioned about anything by children, even when they're glaringly wrong.  

He made a big effort to be nice yesterday.  Still didn't apologize, but I didn't expect that anyway.  It turned out to be a nice day.

And I finished the 5k, so that felt good.  Although I am sore AF!

1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

My brother believes apologizing shows weakness.  He calls himself a "dumb jock" and admittedly adheres to what he refers to as "1970s" mindset.  Where men were never supposed to apologize or admit when they're wrong about something.  And adults were never questioned about anything by children, even when they're glaringly wrong.  

He made a big effort to be nice yesterday.  Still didn't apologize, but I didn't expect that anyway.  It turned out to be a nice day.

And I finished the 5k, so that felt good.  Although I am sore AF!

Congrats on the 5k and thanks for explaining! Sounds frustrating to deal with -your brother's choices/perspective.

My intestinal disease is flaring up really badly. It started overnight Friday night (so I did the 5k on like 4 hours of sleep) and has been really bad ever since. If it doesn't get better by tomorrow I'll have to call my useless doctor. The alternative is to go to the ER but they'll hospitalize me and that's just not going to happen. Hopefully it'll start getting better on it's own. It has before.