Ex texts, but ignores me when I respond

So me and my ex boyfriend broke up, it was kinda mutual (and messy), so it’s hard to say who was the one to “end it”.

Anyways, I guess he had the last “say”. I blocked him because it was really painful and I needed space.

The next few days after the break-up he found a way around me blocking him and contacted me over a different messaging app I forgot about.

He sent several messages, and would delete some and keep some up. I didn’t respond.

But now, about two weeks later, when I had cooled down and wasn’t all worked up and angry I decided to respond. I deeply care about this man, so I didn’t want to leave him in the dark. I didn’t say I want him back (because I don’t due to the way he treats me, although I miss him), I just explained my feelings around the situation and said some nice things to make it easier on him.

He has been active online, but he hasn’t even opened the message…

And this makes the break-up so much more hurtful for me. I was already hesitant about responding, so now I feel stupid.

to give a bit of context about the relationship; we were together for about 10 months. We had some issues, a lot of the time he would say and do really hurtful things (part of why I blocked), and he just never seemed to care about me truly, at least not as much as I did.

Anyone have any idea what this means, and why he is ignoring me when he reached out first?

5 minutes ago, Sarah Smith said:

we were together for about 10 months. We had some issues, a lot of the time he would say and do really hurtful things (part of why I blocked), and he just never seemed to care about me 

Sorry this happened. It seems like you dodged a bullet. You made the right decision ending it and blocking him.

Please delete and block him and all his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps. 

Please don't try to stay friends or drag out the breakup. It's not your job to boost his ego or comfort him after the breakup. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Sarah Smith said:

about two weeks later, when I had cooled down and wasn’t all worked up and angry I decided to respond.

You waited a long time to respond, and he's probaby mad about that and trying to do the same back to you. 

To be very clear, it sounds like you probably should not have responded at all. It appears this relationship needed to end, and who responds to whom and when is not really that relevant anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1