Is it time for her to go?

9 minutes ago, Cherylyn said:

Instead of answering "because,"  explain why as you've done in your post.  Be clear when you speak to your husband.  "Because" is too vague. 

It would be a relief to be kid-less,  get a break from noise,  have peace and quiet in your house.

Granted, his daughter is off work today and tomorow so the baby isn't here.  And she's normally not here when mom has the day(s) off.

21 hours ago, Snowed23 said:

He says you hear so much on the news these days about kids being abused or neglected in daycares until he doesn't want to take that chance with his flesh and blood.  

He just wants to keep her there.   Sure, there's some bad places out there.  But, he has to learn to start letting that " I'm gonna protect her from everything" attitude go.  Because she's not going to be living solely in your house her entire life.  Even if you were her parents, she's not going to be under his watchful gaze 24/7 for her whole life.  

Guess where else "bad things happen with bad people?"  Virtually everywhere.  He's not going to be able to prevent her from ever going anywhere because something "might happen".  You can't not allow a child to grow up out of fear.  

I said it before and I'll say it again.  It's unhealthy for parents/grandparents to treat children like they are dolls.  At her age 2.5, now is when it starts to become important for her to be socialized.  Does he want to inhibit her development?  

• Like 1

My husband has posed this option and I wanted to get your take on it. 

Option 1:  Since I work from the kitchen and he works from the bedroom he suggested we switch places.  I move to the bedroom and he moves to the kitchen.  In the bedroom I can shut the door.  The only problem with that is that I can't watch TV.  We do have a TV in the bedroom but it's behind where the desk is sitting.  In the kitchen there is a large TV right in front of the kitchen table so I can watch it while working.  I can't do that in the bedroom without having to keep turning around.  

Option 2:  Since my office is now back open and we're going into the building 1 day a week my husband has suggested that instead of going in 1 day a week maybe I could go in other days too if the baby being here is keeping me from working.  Why do I now have to leave my house because of a 2.5 year old?  He says I could go in 1 or 2 more days a week and work there instead of trying to work at home.

What do you guys think of these options?

23 minutes ago, Snowed23 said:

.  In the bedroom I can shut the door.  The only problem with that is that I can't watch TV.  

It's up to you. You don't seem happy with either. It's unclear if you want privacy why you need a to watch TV while you work. As far as leaving your house to work onsite, it's an option but your complaint is you simply don't want your husband's grandchild in the house.

6 hours ago, Snowed23 said:

My husband has posed this option and I wanted to get your take on it. 

Option 1:  Since I work from the kitchen and he works from the bedroom he suggested we switch places.  I move to the bedroom and he moves to the kitchen.  In the bedroom I can shut the door.  The only problem with that is that I can't watch TV.  We do have a TV in the bedroom but it's behind where the desk is sitting.  In the kitchen there is a large TV right in front of the kitchen table so I can watch it while working.  I can't do that in the bedroom without having to keep turning around.  

Option 2:  Since my office is now back open and we're going into the building 1 day a week my husband has suggested that instead of going in 1 day a week maybe I could go in other days too if the baby being here is keeping me from working.  Why do I now have to leave my house because of a 2.5 year old?  He says I could go in 1 or 2 more days a week and work there instead of trying to work at home.

What do you guys think of these options?

Try moving the furniture around to make option 1 more manageable for you, and then test it to learn how you like it.

You still haven’t answered the question about why you won’t give your husband your reasons for wanting daycare. So it’s essentially you who shuts down the conversation. That means we can give you all the support in the world, but if you won’t communicate your needs to your husband, what good is it?

• Like 3
6 hours ago, LootieTootie said:

You can mount a tv in your bedroom wall. 

2 days a week is not bad. At least you will be child-free and can focus. However I'm not sure if you can focus with the tv on while working remotely.

The TV in the bedroom is already mounted on the wall but where it's mounted the desk is right next to it and the TV is technically behind the desk where I'd be sitting.  We can't really rearrange the furniture.  Not many options as far as that.