I've been feeling a bit of anxiety lately. I don't know how to really describe it maybe it's my depression (I was diagnossed a few years ago) I'm trying to be a better person. I just feel like I have these negative emotions bottled up inside me and I have to let them out. It's like overwhelming pain and anger combined with OCD. I can't help how I feel and no matter what I do I always feel trapped. I just want to scream at the top of my lungs more often then not. It's like a bottomless void of pain and with darkness seeping out has replaced my heart.

Hope you will seek various avenues such as professional help,  medication if necessary or continue trying to be a better person as you say. 

A lot of people have negative emotions.  You can either remain bitter and resentful or do something about it.  Do what you can control such as getting mentally and physically healthy.  Surround yourself with moral people who are positive role models and strong influences.  Enjoy your quiet time and do what you enjoy whether it's hobbies,  reading a library book,  newspapers,  cooking,  industrious or productive chores and the secret to getting out of the dumps is to stay busy,  busy,  busy!  By the time you take care of everything,  you're too fatigued to ruminate about "woe is me" attitudes.   Limit your screen time and it will be refreshing.

I've noticed that when you don't take care of your physical health,  your mental health goes down the drain.  You feel weaker,  more negative,  can't cope with life or people in it, feel defeated and hopeless.  Resolve and resilience seems out of reach.  There is a definite connection between sound mind and sound body. 

2 minutes ago, Cherylyn said:

Hope you will seek various avenues such as professional help,  medication if necessary or continue trying to be a better person as you say. 

A lot of people have negative emotions.  You can either remain bitter and resentful or do something about it.  Do what you can control such as getting mentally and physically healthy.  Surround yourself with moral people who are positive role models and strong influences.  Enjoy your quiet time and do what you enjoy whether it's hobbies,  reading a library book,  newspapers,  cooking,  industrious or productive chores and the secret to getting out of the dumps is to stay busy,  busy,  busy!  By the time you take care of everything,  you're too fatigued to ruminate about "woe is me" attitudes.   Limit your screen time and it will be refreshing.

I've noticed that when you don't take care of your physical health,  your mental health goes down the drain.  You feel weaker,  more negative,  can't cope with life or people in it, feel defeated and hopeless.  Resolve and resilience seems out of reach.  There is a definite connection between sound mind and sound body. 

Thank you for replying I do enjoy reading so perhaps I should expand my interests.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, AnimeFanDude said:

I've been feeling a bit of anxiety lately. I don't know how to really describe it maybe it's my depression (I was diagnossed a few years ago) I just feel like I have these negative emotions bottled up inside me and I have to let them out. It's like overwhelming pain and anger combined with OCD. I can't help how I feel and no matter what I do I always feel trapped. I just want to scream at the top of my lungs more often then not. It's like a bottomless void of pain and with darkness seeping out has replaced my heart.

Are you currently seeing a counselor/therapist?  If not, why not?  I think that's the first step - getting professional help, because by the sound of it, you need help, and whatever is causing you all this pain and anxiety is not something that will just magically disappear (imo).  Please get help.

• Like 1

My heart goes out to you, AFD. Two contacts to consider. For an immediate outlet, try contacting one of the suicide prevention hotlines on the Internet. You don't need to be an imminent threat to yourself or others to use the service. Ask for referrals to an anxiety support group or other resources in your area.

The other would be the social services department of your local hospital. Ask for a referral to a social worker to learn of any help that might be available to you.

If you've been diagnosed with OCD, what kind of treatment was recommended for that, and by whom? Can you call that provider's office to ask for a followup visit?