She's backed away after a great second date, how to proceed?

I am going to go against the grain, and say that I wouldn't have asked her out yet again. 

She was not showing enough interest and enthusiasm up until now. What's done is done, but I would not have bothered with your most recent message, personally.  It's not pathetic or needy, but it was a waste of time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, MrMan1983 said:

I would just say I enjoyed the two dates and wish her all the best for the future and leave it at that. 

After 2 dates, to don't need to break up or have closure. You shot your shot, so all you can do is see if she responds to going out again. If it's more sidestepping and excuses, then just move forward.  Do not send any more messages, especially this "wish you the best" one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, boltnrun said:

As a woman I tend to tread carefully about sending polite "no thanks" messages. I was threatened by someone I dated for almost two years because I didn't want to see him again when he contacted me a few years after we broke up. He frightened me. I'm sure you're a decent guy who would never dream of doing something like that, but maybe she had a bad experience in the past and is cautious as a result. 

Or...she might be the type who avoids anything unpleasant or potentially awkward. 

Same.  And similar experiences unfortunately.

Well, not even a reply yet so there's my (predictable) answer I guess.

Think I need to work on my self esteem in general and stop coming across as a low value guy to avoid these sorts of situations repeatedly happening. I can only fake it with looks so far if I don't have the self confidence in believing I'm a catch when I do rarely meet people I'm interested in.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, MrMan1983 said:

Think I need to work on my self esteem in general and stop coming across as a low value guy to avoid these sorts of situations repeatedly happening.

If someone isn't smart enough to see that you're not a 'low-value guy,' I say good riddance. Why waste your time trying to convince an idiot? You'll get stuck with an idiot.

• Like 2