Dating Apps Premium Features

26 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

What kind of bells and whistles are offered and for how much? For example some apps you need to pay to communicate, some apps  prioritize your profile for better results.

With the swiping ones, the one that stands out is that they show you who had already swiped right on you. Other ones included priority placement with your profile showing on top in addition to unlimited super likes. I believe the average is around $30 for those. 

• Like 1

Didnt use neither of those, but did read about Premium feautures on different apps. It may or may not increase the number of matches as the algorithm would actually do its job and recommend you to people. However, if you are not already "successful" in terms of getting likes and matches, dont really think it would help too much. Other thing is that you would still get people not really that interested in anything serious and just there for confidence boost, just probably more of them.

If you are paying, why not go to some paying app? People are more serious when they pay for something so there will be less of what I said and probably more serious people.

11 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

Didnt use neither of those, but did read about Premium feautures on different apps. It may or may not increase the number of matches as the algorithm would actually do its job and recommend you to people. However, if you are not already "successful" in terms of getting likes and matches, dont really think it would help too much. Other thing is that you would still get people not really that interested in anything serious and just there for confidence boost, just probably more of them.

If you are paying, why not go to some paying app? People are more serious when they pay for something so there will be less of what I said and probably more serious people.

I’ve tried Match and nothing came out of it. 

Never did the premium thing when I was using Bumble, but have some friends who did. All in all, I think the plus was that it streamlined the crazy process a bit by showing you who'd swiped on you, which I'd imagine can be especially nice in a high population areas. 

Generally speaking, how are you finding these apps? Can't imagine that premium is going to make them incredible if you're not already having some luck and good times. 

22 minutes ago, bluecastle said:

Never did the premium thing when I was using Bumble, but have some friends who did. All in all, I think the plus was that it streamlined the crazy process a bit by showing you who'd swiped on you, which I'd imagine can be especially nice in a high population areas. 

Generally speaking, how are you finding these apps? Can't imagine that premium is going to make them incredible if you're not already having some luck and good times. 

Honestly I find out a lot of the people on there I have nothing in common with. For some reason everyone loves hiking, are gym rats, travel to places like Machu Picchu or some other place I’ve never heard of, or God is their center of life and they want another God centric man. Gets pretty annoying. 

• Haha 3

I had bumble premium for a while. It featured my profile, and gave me the option for more swipes, filters, ect. I remember the standard one wasn't somehow sufficient to find good matches (I'm talking late last year). The filters were quite helpful to me!

However, quality problem is the same through premium and basic plans. Lots of men have no bio, but pictures at the gym, and some topless selfies at the beach. And it's really difficult to judge people by their pictures. I really disliked the app at some point and decided I was better off finding people in events/circles. Works like a charm so long I commit to joining hangouts frequently.

If you want to get more exposure and filter men by your criteria, then premium is good and worth a try.

• Like 1

Granted, I like hiking myself, but I can see how the monotony can get old.

I had more fun than not using the apps, and met my girlfriend on Bumble, an endless source of amusement for both us, but I seem to be an outlier in all this judging from this site. 

Anyhow, depending on how much of strain it is for you financially, I'd go ahead and try to premium for a month and see how it all lands. Worst case? No real change, but information. Best case? Well, who knows?  

• Like 1