Why do men do this ?

I’m curious: When did you block him after the date? When he didn’t get in touch in an hour, a day, a week? Just trying to understand when you decided he had “ghosted” you.

Anyhow, his recent activity likely stems from the same place as your curiosity about it: boredom, thirst, and so on. It’s really not rocket science, but I get how approaching it from that angle can make it all kinda exciting.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, bluecastle said:

I’m curious: When did you block him after the date? When he didn’t get in touch in an hour, a day, a week? Just trying to understand when you decided he had “ghosted” you.

Anyhow, his recent activity likely stems from the same place as your curiosity about it: boredom, thirst, and so on. It’s really not rocket science, but I get how approaching it from that angle can make it all kinda exciting.

I blocked him two days after. 

1 minute ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Well, since we’re all already in this wormhole, one possibility is that he tried to get in touch with you back then but didn’t realize the castle doors had been sealed and the moat dug after 48 hours. Months later, feeling a little bored/curious/lonesome/sentimental/who knows/who cares, he tried to reestablish contact through new profiles to passively feel out the potential of another hang. Didn’t quite work, but provided a little dopamine hit that he got a little hooked on, and, boom, here you guys are in this little dance. 

Easy way to make this go away? Just stop caring about it, rather than all the blocking. It’ll fade away. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

No because before we hung out I wasn’t interested or attracted to him. Then we hung out and I kinda liked him, he was trying to secure a date with me for yearssss. It seemed like he liked me during the date. Cuddling, rubbing my face then boom no contact after. Which is fine you don’t like everyone you meet. My problem is months later your still trying to contact me for what! So no I’m not happy he’s doing all of this. 

If he’s the one contacting. Could be his girlfriend. So the dynamic was off to begin with. Why would he need to spend all that time getting a date with you ? So you deign to spend time with him then he realizes the reality doesn’t match his fantasy. 

1 hour ago, bluecastle said:

Well, since we’re all already in this wormhole, one possibility is that he tried to get in touch with you back then but didn’t realize the castle doors had been sealed and the moat dug after 48 hours. Months later, feeling a little bored/curious/lonesome/sentimental/who knows/who cares, he tried to reestablish contact through new profiles to passively feel out the potential of another hang. Didn’t quite work, but provided a little dopamine hit that he got a little hooked on, and, boom, here you guys are in this little dance. 

Easy way to make this go away? Just stop caring about it, rather than all the blocking. It’ll fade away. 

Nope, we were texting everyday before we hung out, so why couldn’t he text after we hung out? I’m not buying it, it’s fine to be uninterested and change your mind about someone. My problem is stick to that don’t go bothering me months after. 

1 hour ago, Batya33 said:

If he’s the one contacting. Could be his girlfriend. So the dynamic was off to begin with. Why would he need to spend all that time getting a date with you ? So you deign to spend time with him then he realizes the reality doesn’t match his fantasy. 

Because I was uninterested! He’s the one that kept trying to chase me, and beg me for my time. Then when I give it to him this happens. 

27 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Don't play games. If you want him to stop contacting you, at least tell him to stop contacting you. 

Why can’t he just stop on his own.

36 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Maybe he's compulsive. Maybe he's demented. Maybe he just can't quit you. 

We talked everyday for months in which he begged for a date within are times of talking. So he made his mind up when he felt like he needed to stop communication with me. Yup it was a hit to my ego! Nope I didn’t go texting him “what happened” and or begged him to communicate with me, I simply just moved on! He should do the same. I’m tired of blocking and stuff ! 

25 minutes ago, Capricorn3 said:

In that case, just carry on. No point then in agonizing over pointless things, wasting your time and energy. Just carry on with your life.

She does this repeatedly. This is I think the fourth or fifth thread where she asks this exact same question.

OP, just go out with one of the many other men who you say are pursuing you.

13 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Nope because that’s what he wants me to do! 

You have no idea what he wants.  All you know is he is not interested in seeing you in person or dating you.  Because if he were he would have contacted you properly and asked.  He might be in the future but at that time if he contacts you properly you can decide what you want to do. Have someone else contact him on your behalf with a simple, direct message "Please stop contacting ____ right now. Thank you."

8 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Yup it was a hit to my ego! 

He must be totally into you. Totally. So much so that he's catfishing to get your amazing love back. Just throw the poor guy a bone and reply to one of his many fake personas. Tell him you'll give him another chance to prove himself to you and your high standards.

17 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

I care because I’m tired of blocking! 

Then don’t keep adding him. 

15 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Okay, so to play Devil’s advocate …..

He may have thought you “ghosted” him. It sounds as though you reacted because you didn’t hear from him as soon as you thought you would. Maybe he still has a flicker of interest in you. Maybe he thought you liked him too and is confused as to why you blocked him. Why not take the bull by the horns and contact him.

Otherwise, keep him blocked and don’t give him a second thought. If you don’t like him like that, none of this would bother you.  This is only a big a deal as you make it. Text him or ignore him forever. 

13 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Nope, we were texting everyday before we hung out, so why couldn’t he text after we hung out? I’m not buying it, it’s fine to be uninterested and change your mind about someone. My problem is stick to that don’t go bothering me months after. 

He’s not really bothering you though is he. I mean, he’s trying to stay anonymous.

3 hours ago, Batya33 said:

You have no idea what he wants.  All you know is he is not interested in seeing you in person or dating you.  Because if he were he would have contacted you properly and asked.  He might be in the future but at that time if he contacts you properly you can decide what you want to do. Have someone else contact him on your behalf with a simple, direct message "Please stop contacting ____ right now. Thank you."

That’s fine he has that right ! I shouldn’t have to wake up in the morning to follower request to someone who isn’t interested! 

Just now, Guest Anonymous said:

That’s fine he has that right ! I shouldn’t have to wake up in the morning to follower request to someone who isn’t interested! 

You claim you're waking up to scammers/fake accounts. Don't look at your social media stats as soon as you wake up to check if your secret admirer still wants you.

You refuse to address any of my responses or questions.

If you're so extremely attractive like you say you are and have dozens of men pursuing, why waste your time on the ONE guy who apparently doesn't want to date you?

I can only conclude you're really hung up on this guy.  If that's the case, instead of asking "why why WHY????!!!", just ask him out on a date.