Clarity then Overwhelming Grief.

Does anyone else experience that while trying to recover and move on? This morning I was feeling really good, with great clarity over my situation but then a little while ago I got so overwhelmed with every emotion - from sadness to  overwhelming grief and crying - that I could barely function. 

I hope the waves of grief mean I'm accepting and letting go, which will help me get over her and move on. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Rob1000 said:

Does anyone else experience that while trying to recover and move on? This morning I was feeling really good, with great clarity over my situation but then a little while ago I got so overwhelmed with every emotion - from sadness to  overwhelming grief and crying - that I could barely function. 

I hope the waves of grief mean I'm accepting and letting go, which will help me get over her and move on. 

I think what you are experiencing is normal.   Sometimes I would just arrange time to sit in the middle of it and allow time to process it.  We tend to run from grief.   But its always there waiting for you.  You deal with it or it deals with you.

Be kind and patient with yourself.

• Like 4

Yes, it is normal during the process.  It'll come in waves, as it is 'grief'. 😕 .

In time, it should start to not be so hard.. but begin to ease off with the pains ( less intense).

So, let yourself feel it and deal with it. But also remember self care ❤️ .  Be easy on yourself, you're still hurting. Get your rest, eat well and journaling can be helpful, another way to 'vent it out'. ( If you're feeling extreme anxiety, consider talking with your doctor).

One day at a time...

• Like 2

I definitely have. It is rough and a roller coaster. I think the best thing you can do is ride it out. Feel how you feel.  Cry, sleep, have a cookie and just generally allow yourself to feel how you feel.  It'll pass.

I've also experienced long periods of feeling like I'm over it and then out of the blue it came back.

I think this is pretty common.  

Hope you feel better soon! 

• Like 2
On 11/10/2021 at 8:02 AM, Rob1000 said:

There's no pressure to 'move on' on any timeline. Everyone moves at a different pace so give yourself time to just be. Letting go, personally, came in small parts, here and there, and then without realizing it I wasn't thinking about the past anymore and was focused on other things around me that I believe in and matter to me. 

The part that stood out to me in what you wrote was the part "that I could barely function". Stay on track with eating, sleeping and going about your usual routines as much as possible. Seek more support if it's needed and lean on friends and family too.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 11/10/2021 at 8:02 AM, Rob1000 said:

Yes. I'm experiencing this myself right now. Really makes it difficult to function but I'm hoping to ride it out 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone has such good ideas on this thread.

I agree.  Let yourself feel the feels, all of them.  Some days you wake up bursting with possibility and glad you are where you are.  Other days you'll second guess yourself.

Perhaps it would help to know that "going back" is literally, going backwards.  And that's not usually good for anyone!

<3<3<3

• 7 months later...

Yes, I’m going through exactly the same thing myself right now. It seems irrational to me, but nice to see (from reading this thread) that there are a lot of us going through the same thing! Ugh, I just want to come out the other side… I know it’s there, I just want to get there quickly. I hope we all do!!