Can you grieve a breakup while in a relationship?

Skeptic76

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent. The human race would die out if everyone waited and waited and waited until they were no longer have even a fleeting thought about an ex. Most LTR/marriages are over long before they are over.

Your gf knows the score and she is an adult who can decide for herself if she wants to date you and you've both been honest that you have pasts. It's not anyone's job to be the moral compass of the world and refrain from dating, become monks just because they have a past.

In my most introspective heart of hearts I don’t feel “hung up” on any exes.
Excellent. The human race would die out if everyone waited and waited and waited until they were no longer have even a fleeting thought about an ex.
Uhm, no, no it wouldn't. lol

Most LTR/marriages are over long before they are over.
Most? Says who? I'll counter with most rebound relationships go down in flames once the 'mourner' isn't mourning anymore.

Your gf knows the score and she is an adult who can decide for herself if she wants to date you and you've both been honest that you have pasts.
True that.

It's not anyone's job to be the moral compass of the world and refrain from dating,
No but its not about "morals" its about one's own best interests.
become monks just because they have a past.

Not saying that at all. Just saying be able to think about your ex without pining away and you'll end up with someone that you can stay with instead being in an out of some sort of relationship where you're actually not all in.

• 1 month later...

Well I promised an update and here you go:

I ended up accepting a new job on April 1 (crazy time to make a change, I know) that will require me to move about 1-1.5 hours south of where I currently live. My girlfriend decided that is farther than she’d like someone she’s dating to live and so she broke up with me.

It’s a bummer but I understand and respect her decision. She has a house and a child - she’s not moving and she doesn’t want a ldr. Can’t hold it against her!

Anyway, I try to be a man of my word and now I feel that I’ve kept my update promise - hope all who read this have a great day!

Good luck in the new position/location. It will be a fresh start. Sorry about the breakup.

I ended up accepting a new job on April 1 (crazy time to make a change, I know) that will require me to move about 1-1.5 hours south of where I currently live. My girlfriend decided that is farther than she’d like someone she’s dating to live and so she broke up with me.

Archived