Did we have a moment? Does he like me?

tango2001

I met this guy about a year ago because we have a lot of mutual friends and he visited my church. But I had never really talked to him much until we met at a party again a couple weeks ago. He introduced me to 2 of his (guy) friends and we went out for spontaneous churros after the party. We hung out 4 times the following week (3 times with his friends, once just us 2 - we made sushi together at my house).

He has been very caring and always gives me his jacket when I'm cold. However I didn't have any feelings for him until....

I visited his church and we went out to a Chinese restaurent after (with 1 of his guy friends and my guy friend.) So here's what happened:

I was eating and out of the corner of my eye, I saw him looking at me but mostly at my bowl of rice (he was sitting next to me). I was getting to the end of my rice and looked around the table for the rice bucket and was sad when I thought there was none left. When I got to the bottom of my bowl, he picked up the bucket from under the table and told me to have some more. Actually he told me to finish it (even though there was heaps left). I was very grateful for that.

So I carry on eating and grab some spinach to eat with my rice. Again, I notice him looking at me for a while. I turn to him, (spinach and rice midway in my mouth :p ). I see him looking at me with such a sweet look in his eyes. I feel like I looked into his eyes for a long time. Then I said 'What??", he didn't say anything but he just smiled really sweetly. And at that moment, I FREAKED out because I realised I had feelings for him and I was so surprised by those feelings. I turn away and laugh while trying not to spit out my food. I went red and kept my distance from him (as I was still processing what happened) until we finished eating and went to get bubble tea and we shared a drink together.

Basically, I need someone to decipher what happened? Did we have a moment? Does he like me?

I really like how caring he is and I feel like he brings out the best in me. We can't see each other so regularly anymore because our final term of Year 12 has started. We see each other about once a week, when we visit each other's churches but I really want to hang out with him one on one to get to know him more. What should I do? How can I show him that I'm interested without looking desperate?

It doesn't sound like he's shy, and he's spent so much time with you so there should be a comfort level. A guy who's into you won't let that opportunity slip him by to ask you out. If he doesn't, it means that either he has a gf you don't know about, or he's just not that into you, but likes the fact you have a crush on him, because it feels good to have a fan.

I'm assuming you're the one who asked him over for sushi, so I would consider the ball to now be in his court.

.... we went out for spontaneous churros after the party. We hung out 4 times the following week (3 times with his friends, once just us 2 - we made sushi together at my house)....

You lost me at "spontaneous churros."

I like that for the name of band.

Has he asked you out one-on-one for a date? Does he think you only like him as a friend. Consider asking him out to do something that doesn't involve food, buckets, mouthfuls of food, hanging out with a group, etc. Something along the lines of a nice walk in a nice area.

We can't see each other so regularly anymore because our final term of Year 12 has started. We see each other about once a week, when we visit each other's churches but I really want to hang out with him one on one to get to know him more.

Archived