A guy who became distant

arani

I don't know why I didn't talk about that with him.. We have never actually talked about our feelings. They were obvious, even people around us noticed it. I kinda took it for granted. Our relationship definitely needed more talk, not on all the other subjects we talked about, but on us.

And maybe I also backed up a bit the moment I moved. I was preoccupied with all the new things happening. When I tried to came closer again, he backed up.

Maybe I took it too serious, maybe I would know what he was thinking if we talked about it..

It all seems... A little bit childlish. But still I don't quite understand why he started acting like that. Whatever I did, there wasn't a reason to become so distant I find it hard to make any contact w him... I wasn't forcing a relationship, I thought things will go their own way. You know, he's what I expected from a man and now he's.. Gone.

Maybe I should just assume I imagined it all up and let it go...But I couldn't have imagined friendship, could have I?

I think it's very possible he thought you were trying to force a relationship.

It's what I would think if roles were reversed.

I mean to just show up, announced "oh guess what babe? I took a job here and living here permanently isn't that great? Now we can spend more time together and get closer"!

That is likely what it sounds like from his end, heck it's what it sounds like from my end, an objective reader.

He had absolutely no say in the matter. You never allowed him the opportunity to have a say.

That is very disrespectful arani, I hope someday you will understand that.

And do you honestly think you could be just "friends"?

You have feelings for him, you want more, you know that and he knows that. You would not have moved to his city if you didn't.

You had expectations of it being more, you admitted as such.

So no a friendship at this point would be impossible. Plus he's not talking you anyway.

I would go no contact, and let it go. If he ever wishes to talk to you again, he has your number.

It sounds like he sees you as and treats you as a friend, but you want a bf/dating and he isn't that. Treat him as a friend and get on some dating apps and find local, available interested guys to message and meet. Do not depend on him as if he's your bf.

I liked him more than anyone ever and thought we would make great couple.
  • 4 months later...

Archived