6 years and it’s over like that?!

EmmaLouAnn

Okay so long story short we were together for 2 years split up in 2016 and then somehow after a long year we got back together late 2017..

In February 2017 he started talking to this girl.. This is Essential keep it in mind he told me that they tried to get together but they were better off just as friends and she was there when his dad was poorly and passed away and I encouraged him to talk to her because she seems like a very nice friend and I lovely person.

Fast forward to September 2017 we got back together and honestly we were so happy we went on holiday to Portugal in 2018 and we were so happy we were doing loads more you told me you loved me we were both going for the long run.

Now December 2018 me and my boyfriend were in bed and he was having a little trouble in the bedroom department we both just put it down to stress we both have a lot on over Christmas and I never stress fast forward to January 2019 and my boyfriend has a visitor and apparently this wasn’t a very good person in his life and I brought back a lot of memories from here rather didn’t want a boyfriend suddenly became very reclusive very panicky and overwhelmed with anxiety.

I try and reassure my boyfriend that I’m there for him and I support him and I will help him get through his anxiety before long he became depressed and suggested that me and him go on a small break just so he can get his head round everything and told me that his anxiety was keeping us apart and he still loved me and wanted this to work. Two weeks later my boyfriend sent me a text message and split it with me via text message so me being me I decided to go to his house on Saturday and decide to have a proper break a chat we were both fighting back tears and came to the conclusion that this was the only option as much as it kills me I didn’t wanna walk away and be known as a heartless person who walked away from someone when they were at their lowest so I promised to standby him.

So he closes on his Facebook and goes quiet on social media and barely speaks to me I try my hardest to be there for him as a friend but it’s just not working a few weeks later I find out that the girl he was trying to say back in February 2017 has been sending them all these messages on Instagram I found out on a night out drunkenly and stupidly I tried to ring him. No answer surprise.

So the next day sober I ring him and ask him what’s going on with this girl He basically tells me that she was a friend and now she’s a bit more than a friend I was heartbroken and burst into tears bearing in mind it’s only been three weeks since Our breakup so I asked him how long did it take him to get with this girl before we split up and he said two weeks.

I get all sorts of emotions anger, hurt and most of all upset. I refuse to speak to him for a few days and then I ring him and telling that he is bang out of order the way he’s treated me is awful he’s known me for six years and being lied to is one thing I hate and he lied to me about who this girl really was. His reaction was more laughing at me down the phone which made me even more angry so I just stop talking to him completely. I seen him a few days ago on Saint Patrick’s Day and I’m pretty sure he seen me but he just ignored me and then a few days later he put a big post on Instagram about how much he loves his new girlfriend after a month... and how much she’s been there for him and then all these pictures I was sent it by my sister and it really hurt me because I felt like he was thanking her for everything she’s done these past few years like I’ve done nothing this past six years I was very hur I see them a few days ago on Saint Patrick’s Day and I’m pretty sure he seen me but he just ignored me and then a few days later he put a big post on Instagram about how much he loves his new girlfriend and how much is in there for him and then all these pictures I’ve sent it by my sister and it really hurt me and upset me

Fast forward to right now my ex owes me £160 which he’s given me back so I’m grateful for I’ve also asked him to come and pick up some of his stuff because I’ve no longer wants it in my house and he’s being very funny about coming to my house telling me that we need to meet on neutral grounds i’ve told him that he needs to come here I am no longer going running after him especially after everything he’s put me through am I wrong or is what I’m asking for too much I just wanna get his stuff out my house.

This is over. The relationship is over. There is no need to lash out about his new relationship or his request. Obviously things weren't working out as well as you might have thought and the friendship/relationship didn't hold as much meaning to him nor was it of as much importance to him as it was to you.

He gave you back the cash. I'd encourage you to give him back his stuff in a respectful manner and get it over with. The good part is that he's moved on. This means that you get to free up your life, your time, your energies to far more worthy causes than an unfulfilling relationship. Be thankful! You're FREE!

He doesn't want to face you because he knows that you will blow up on him when he gets there. He wants to avoid any confrontation because he knows you are still very angry. That's understandable. As other have suggested, leave his stuff outside or with someone else for him to collect when you are not there.

Archived