I can’t deal with another person’s emotional issues

Seraphim

This all makes so much sense. Can you explain it to your husband exactly like this? Maybe even show it to him in writing.

As for this roommate thing, there are several options, but none of them seem particularly viable, other than to simply stare when she starts her nonsense. You can then respond with, "I really enjoyed the chicken last night". She responds with some sort of drama, and you say, "I love the flowers in the lobby. I'm going to go ask the staff right now what kind they are", etc.

Yep, this. Or, ask HER to go find out about the flowers. Look, you can make yourself miserable before the fact, which makes no sense, or you can credit yourself for owning discretion and trust yourself to roll forward and ignore this woman if she starts any crap. If she does it outside the room, then there you are--exactly positioned as you would be if she did not share your room. If she does it in the room, you can ask her if she'd kindly take that outside so you can get some rest. Either way, it hasn't happened at this moment, so why ruin your trip for your Self?

Head high, you can do this.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived