Date who talks too much about himself... Should I give him another shot?

FleurDeLys

I will probably get beat up for this by some, but this is one reason why I enjoy interacting via e-rmail or text, early stages, prior to and after a date.

During the date, we flirt, tease, laugh, have fun, but I've had some fantastic (and quite substantive) conversations with men via email in between dates!

No one can dominate the convo, interrupt - it's a natural give and take, back and forth, with each responding to the other in an honest and open way, no holds barred.

Only difference it's via the written word versus verbal communiqué.

In fact with my bf, in early stages, we learned more about each other via our email convos than we did in person!

In person, there was such a strong attraction, sexual tension, a bit of nervousness, we had a hard time not flirting and teasing, acting kinda silly lol -- and just well, having fun!

Just my experience, many people give texting and email a bad rap, saying its superficial or lazy but I find it to be quite the opposite.

We both put forth a lot of energy in our email exchanges and like I said many of our convos were quite substantive, and fun too!.

OP, I think you did the right thing, not because he's not a good listener, heck he may have been nervous or whatever -- but because it just doesn't sound like there was much of an attraction, a click.

Most likely not for him either.

Thank you all for all the helpful insights and advise on this situation. I've decided after some consideration not to give him another shot as listening skills are pretty important for me in a partner.

Good for you! Nobody else can pick our dealbreakers. An equal investment in learning about one another is one of my big 'musts,' too. Anything less is just ...less, and I'd rather enjoy my time solo than exhaust myself in the company of someone who demo's that he can never understand me, much less appreciate my value.

Head high, and you'll thank yourself later--or even NOW. Hah!

Archived