As a woman, I can relate to the pressures of feeling like I have to look a certain way - at least, I used to think more so this way.

I'm in my 30's now, but back in my teens and during a brief time in my 20's, I was very disciplined with my eating and exercise regime - to the point where it was completely unrealistic to maintain. And I was never big! I was just tall (at 5'10"), so I wanted to feel smaller since I always felt like I was towering over all of my friends. I was also of the view during this time that the supermodel figure was the ideal image.

But now, I no longer feel this way!

I eat healthy, I exercise, I'm in great shape, and I have curves. I love them! It's what makes me feel girly and feminine, and I'd never want to lose these curves.

And I don't believe for a second that all men want women who are stick-thin. I honestly think that men are looking for healthy women. Some women can pull off a very thin look, where there are tons of women who look gorgeous with meat on their bones! There's no one size fits all.

And I can assure you that there are men out there who are looking for what you have to offer in terms of your looks and physique! Just own and love what you have.

Just take care of yourself, inside & out. Be healthy.

The right man is out there for you. But please do not think that you have to look like a thin super model to attract a man - this is simply not true.

I wish we could hear from some men on ENA with respect to this!

Im with you girl hi5. I love being curvy too. Yes men should speak out too. Don't know how this supermodel culture started. All days are not the same. They say 'Every Cloud has a Silver Lining'. I personally don't believe in being like a supermodel. Im planning to take some time off on searching for the guy and gonna concentrate on searching myself deep within. This would help restore my self-esteem. There is a reason why there are animals of different sizes on earth-insects to elephants. They are all beautiful in their own way. It takes a lot of intelligence and wisdom to find the real beauty.

Archived