Cortisone knee shots

I am not sedentary at all. I have been working in childcare for years . I now on my own daycare believe me I’m not sedentary . Little kids move a lot . ;) Before that I was in the military as a medical assistant of coarse I’ve heard of icy hot packs . Also not a sedentary job . In fact I’ve never had a sedentary job ,ever . If anything my joints suffer from a lot of overuse and repeat stress injury.

It is not enough. You may move around during work, but you need to strengthen your knees and remove the weight. It needs to be a focus during exercise, not just generic exercise. You did overuse your joints from repetative stress because you have not strengthened the surrounding muscles enough in order to take that impact/load (strength training - not just with weights, a physical therapist can help), which ultimately led to your injury(s). Can you enlist a physical therapist with universal health care?

I am telling you now, cortizone will not help you long term. Do what you want, but if you keep using it you will wear down your cartilage enough where they need a replacement...20 or 30 years later when it finally gets approved or you can no longer move at all. Who knows if they'll approve that on someone so young though. I would rather not let the situation deteriorate and suffer even more until whenever their hand is forced.

Archived