How to help a codependent friend?

tallydoo

It's hard to find the balance between helping a friend and enabling them. I know it's tough but you are doing a good job and being a good friend. Maybe consider letting your friend know that you cannot fix her. Have you considered encouraging her to attend professional therapy to help her? We cannot fix people but they can get professional help. Maybe let your friend know that a professional therapist can be her support system. Have you thought about letting her know that you are there to support her but you are not equipped to fix her. Don't give up on her. Maybe think about attending one therapy session with her? Maybe if you went together, the therapist could give you ways to support her without enabling her. Wishing you the best.

It's hard to find the balance between helping a friend and enabling them. I know it's tough but you are doing a good job and being a good friend. Maybe consider letting your friend know that you cannot fix her. Have you considered encouraging her to attend professional therapy to help her? We cannot fix people but they can get professional help. Maybe let your friend know that a professional therapist can be her support system. Have you thought about letting her know that you are there to support her but you are not equipped to fix her. Don't give up on her. Maybe think about attending one therapy session with her? Maybe if you went together, the therapist could give you ways to support her without enabling her. Wishing you the best.

I challenge all of us to consider that none of us need fixing.

Archived