Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Weight Loss Journey

Jetta

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm betting on myself with healthy wage. It's really motivating me to succeed.

That's got a big goal of 85 lbs putting me at 167 by May 30, 2020 or my smaller goal of 15 lbs by Feb 20th. Happened upon it and thought why not I like to gamble and betting on myself is a safer bet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

9 lbs to go to reach my Feb 20th goal. I went on vacation and lost weight! I wasn't even eating as good as I do at home. That was a surprise. Down 32 lbs. In 7 months. I'm losing slow but changing habits. Learning to eat healthier, but still live.

Nothing like getting sick to promote weight loss. Thinking I will make my healthy wage bet. 6 lbs to go, have 'til Feb 20. But 19th is my appointment with diet coach. So that will be my recorded weight. Thinking of incorporating intermittent fasting. Easy to say when I'm still sick, but I want to win.

Nothing like getting sick to promote weight loss. Thinking I will make my healthy wage bet. 6 lbs to go, have 'til Feb 20. But 19th is my appointment with diet coach. So that will be my recorded weight. Thinking of incorporating intermittent fasting. Easy to say when I'm still sick, but I want to win.

Is intermittent fasting something you want to do long term/rest of your life? If not I wouldn't start on it now.

I'll have to think about that, might just try and follow ww more closely. I weighed myself again today and have eaten. I ate dinner, half a half sandwich at lunch, protein shake for breakfast. Am now 1.5 lbs away. Shocked really. I re-weighed 3x.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so quitting WW is not such a good idea. Counting calories is for some reason more freeing yet not as helpful as the ww program. I like having zero point foods, and I guess I need the structure. Debating about rejoing even just the on-line portion. It was really teaching me healthy eating habits. Calories are not teaching, though the diet coach tries. I don't know just undecided right now.

Rejoined ww. Getting back on plan according to ww I gained 4 lbs in two weeks, by counting calories. Yes I ate foods I shouldn't but if the calories are similar why not? Well back to business.

Not all calories are equal. 400 calories worth of vegetables is healthy and has nutritional value. 400 calories worth of ice cream or french fries will turn into fat and has little to no nutritional value. I presume the diet coach went over this with you.

If Weight Watchers works better for you then it's probably the way to go. Good luck.

Lost 4.6 lbs first week back on ww. So between diet coach and ww i can do it. But not yet able to release ww, more direct guidance. Points vs. Calories. Points are a better indicator and doing calories some bad habits creaped back in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't been losing weight. Lots of stress since I moved, eating off plan, etc. I just quit ww. Due to cutting an expense. I'm focussing on what my diet coach suggests. Tracking with a calorie counter called lose it. A meal planner called mealtime. And a app lose weight in 30 days. I have the tools just need to use them.

• 2 months later...

So I rejoined ww today! My calorie counting wasn't really working for me. My diet coach tells me what to do but the ww app really tells you what to do but assigning points to everything. Since June 14, 2019 I've gained 1 lb. So I wasn't gaining or really losing with the diet coach, though I have begun to exercise (once a week right now). A stregth training class. I've gone 2x. I also wasn't necessarily following her plan to the T either. But I never followed ww to the T and still lost weight, so all in all I think it's worth it. So I restarted today!

Good luck with WW! I would go for at least 20-30 minutes of cardio/day - walking or running or stair climbing at work or where you live -even if only in 10 minute increments. Strength training is a great complement to that and cardio will help you with the weight loss because it will likely increase your metabolism and encourage you to drink more water. Win win.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a mental block and was happy with my size, in a comfortable place body wise. Am finally turning it around. I've started to exercise, am eating better again. Being a size 16 from a size 22 is an accomplishment, but there is still work to be done.

I'd like to be a 12, ultimately an 8 but I'll see how it goes as I go. I really hung out at size 16, xl for almost a year.

I've reduced my water, per doctors orders. 2 quarts a day. Had my physical and my cholesterol and triglycerides increased, so that knocked me off my comfortable place. Making changes to bring that down. I have 3 months.

My mom went from a 16 to a 12 now. She quit ww, didn't like watching it that much but she's made some changes and is doing well.

All in all. I'm walking mostly, doing some stretching exercises. Bodyflex on youtube, Lose weight in 30 days, an app. A strength training class, 2x a week when I go. I feel good.

Why would you need to reduce water especially if you are exercising? I'm glad you're exercising and eating more healthful foods. Certainly if those 30-day kind of programs help go for it. I find for maintaining and when I needed to lose I needed to make lifestyle changes I could stick to basically forever. And then the added benefit is that since I choose to eat certain portion sizes, certain types of foods regularly if I gain a pound or two it's much easier to cut back here and there since I have a good idea of how much I eat. I stopped counting calories about 20-25 years ago and stopped weighing myself regularly about 10 years ago. Both worked against me in having a healthy lifestyle plus being in tune with my "full" "satisfied" and hunger cues. Good luck!

I also wonder what doctor would instruct you to reduce water intake? Our bodies NEED 64 ounces per day to function in a healthy, efficient way. Trying to lose "water weight" isn't healthy or maintainable.

How are your food shopping and take out habits? I find if I don't buy it I can't eat it. And instead of relying on take out I make sure I have quick, healthy heat up meals at home in case I work late or am extra tired. I found a yummy shrimp noodle frozen meal that I love. No frozen pizza or burritos or fries. Air popped popcorn as a snack instead of potato chips or cookies. Sugar free pudding made with fat free milk is delicious and satisfies the sweets craving.

And remember this important tip...do not eat until you are full. Eat until you're no longer hungry. And only eat when you're truly hungry, not bored or just want something or you're watching TV.

Walk! Commit to 20 minutes each day. You work part time, right? Go before or after work. I walk 10 minutes in the opposite direction from home so I'm forced to walk the 10 minutes back.

I'm trying to lose 15 pounds. We can do this!

Why would you need to reduce water especially if you are exercising? I'm glad you're exercising and eating more healthful foods. Certainly if those 30-day kind of programs help go for it. I find for maintaining and when I needed to lose I needed to make lifestyle changes I could stick to basically forever. And then the added benefit is that since I choose to eat certain portion sizes, certain types of foods regularly if I gain a pound or two it's much easier to cut back here and there since I have a good idea of how much I eat. I stopped counting calories about 20-25 years ago and stopped weighing myself regularly about 10 years ago. Both worked against me in having a healthy lifestyle plus being in tune with my "full" "satisfied" and hunger cues. Good luck!

I also wonder what doctor would instruct you to reduce water intake? Our bodies NEED 64 ounces per day to function in a healthy, efficient way. Trying to lose "water weight" isn't healthy or maintainable.

How are your food shopping and take out habits? I find if I don't buy it I can't eat it. And instead of relying on take out I make sure I have quick, healthy heat up meals at home in case I work late or am extra tired. I found a yummy shrimp noodle frozen meal that I love. No frozen pizza or burritos or fries. Air popped popcorn as a snack instead of potato chips or cookies. Sugar free pudding made with fat free milk is delicious and satisfies the sweets craving.

And remember this important tip...do not eat until you are full. Eat until you're no longer hungry. And only eat when you're truly hungry, not bored or just want something or you're watching TV.

Walk! Commit to 20 minutes each day. You work part time, right? Go before or after work. I walk 10 minutes in the opposite direction from home so I'm forced to walk the 10 minutes back.

I'm trying to lose 15 pounds. We can do this!

Because I drink too much and it was reducing the sodium in my blood which if low can lead to organ failure. Back on plan, craved salt ate pickles not chips. Ate a healthy zero point dinner. Chicken breast, corn on the cob no butter, peas. Going to try and watch it all weekend. Aiming for blue dots which you get if you stay within a certain point range.

• 1 month later...

Well my mom stopped over today to tell me about this carnivore diet she is starting and thinks I should too. I'm glad I live on my own now. Yes I will incorporate more protein and cut down on sugar and carbs but an all meat diet is NOT an enjoyable life to me. So I'd be thin but at what cost?! I enjoy going for coffee with my teen daughter, I enjoy eating at restaurants and having variety in my food choices. Yes I've not been following the ww plan exactly but they recently changed it and I'm super excited I get to pick the plan I follow, green, blue, or purple. Green is what I choose higher daily points 30 per day with 100 zero point foods, blue 200 zero point foods 23 minimum daily points, purple 300 zero point foods 16 minimum daily points. I need to lose some weight and I'm back on the program doing better than I have in a long time.

I walked, and did toning exercises, I motivated to choose healthier options. With my family on Keto (brother) and carnivore (mom), I'm still doing my ww plan because it works in my life and incorporating some of their ideas, that match those of my diet coach. More protein less carbs. But I like a good salad once in a while and giving up veggies isn't really something I'm interested in doing, and adding liver to my diet not so much. So I'll just get back to basics with my ww plan, get into exercising moderately for health and vitality, and live my life. But Thanksgiving with no stuffing (which I don't eat anyway), or mashed potatoes seems extreme to me. Yes that is what my mom told me today. She has diabetes so is seeking a way to lower her A1C. Honestly it's a bit extreme and I'm a bit shocked right now.

Archived