Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Songwriting from hobby to career

Jetta

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So my lyrics didn't make it this year to semi finals, really felt like a door closed. Sad. Than I checked my email. AGT and The Voice sent me an advertisement to audition. I've auditioned for the voice before I'm registered with them so that's no surprise. But America's Got Talent. Never registered, no clue why I got the email but I sent in a video! It was viewed twice. Hoping to be selected to try on the show. What a cool surprise, it has lifted my spirits, my true dream is to sing. But songwriting has been the fallback release emotions, etc. Well they say they email the entrants selected for the show. Email could change my life! fingers crossed.

• 6 months later...

I'm working with a producer on a song someone else wrote actually. I like the song but not her way of singing, not a mainstream sound. So that's the song I picked to sing, still waiting to get the instrumental version that I need to record my voice to. But I'm not all the way prepared myself, so I'm not pushing for things to happen. He said i have an "awesome voice" in the demo I sent him. So it's promising. I have to record the song at my apt. and send it to him, it's not a contract thing, just a work together thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived