Don't let this man fool you or confuse you, okay?

He was on the dating site, no doubt he was still skulking around. Of course he's going to say he's not doing anything, why would he admit otherwise? Then he tries to make YOU look a fool.

He's an a$$.

You were right on the money, you got rid of a liar.

He was on the dating site, no doubt he was still skulking around. Of course he's going to say he's not doing anything, why would he admit otherwise? Then he tries to make YOU look a fool.

He's an a$$.

I know! And Thankyou!!!

He's an a$$.

I agree with this.

Was creating a fake profile bad? Yeah it was and I'd not do that again. But he was on the site and if you aren't ok with that you aren't ok with that. I saw some responses that said it's ok if he's still on after 3 months and for them it may be, and that's fine, but it doesn't have to be ok for you. It wouldn't be ok with me at all, we are all different. Know your boundaries.

If you feel he crossed a boundary, be done, if you don't, discuss things thouroigly, and decide whether or not to continue.

If you both want to continue dating, then continue dating. Me personally? I think there's enough evidence to let things go, but I'm not you.

You may not have gone about it right but you followed your gut and you did see what you needed to see.

I agree with this.

Was creating a fake profile bad? Yeah it was and I'd not do that again. But he was on the site and if you aren't ok with that you aren't ok with that. I saw some responses that said it's ok if he's still on after 3 months and for them it may be, and that's fine, but it doesn't have to be ok for you. It wouldn't be ok with me at all, we are all different. Know your boundaries.

If you feel he crossed a boundary, be done, if you don't, discuss things thouroigly, and decide whether or not to continue.

If you both want to continue dating, then continue dating. Me personally? I think there's enough evidence to let things go, but I'm not you.

You may not have gone about it right but you followed your gut and you did see what you needed to see.

Yes I feel he crossed the line definitely and the fake profile was wrong but if I wasn't suspicious I wouldn't have done it. It's ok though as I wasn't wrapped in him anyway and yes I'm

Glad to have saved myself from another liar, and the worst part is I apologied twice and he is still trying to make me feel bad about it, I think either except the apology and forget it or don't accept it and move on, he wanted to accept it but keep making me feel bad about it so I feel good walking away as it gave me a good insight into his character. also on the website it says he has an "athletic" body when in reality he has a huge gut so that is a small lie but still a lie!

Don't feel bad. I actually advocate for women to make fake profiles to make sure they know what they're getting. Why not? It's at our fingertips and it could save you months, possibly even years of pain.

You have to look out for yourself.

People online can tell you anything they want to, it doesn't mean it's true.

And if you've apologized (which again in my opinion wasn't necessary) you've done your part on being decent. Forget about him, move on.

You did the right thing.

Why keep dragging out the same issues over and over? Perhaps it's time to delete and block him rather than going in circles rehashing things but going nowhere? That and breadcrumbs are wasting your time, when you could start fresh with someone new after this incident and this time, making sure you have discussed and are exclusive before getting in too deep.

he's still message me randomly saying hello and stuff but takes ages to respond. he wants at all but doesn't like being accused of things he didn't do (which I already apologised for twice).
Why keep dragging out the same issues over and over? Perhaps it's time to delete and block him rather than going in circles rehashing things but going nowhere? That and breadcrumbs are wasting your time, when you could start fresh with someone new after this incident and this time, making sure you have discussed and are exclusive before getting in too deep.

Yes I agree with all what you have said. I have deleted and blocked and put and end to that chapter. Thanks for putting it into words I couldn't quiet put it into myself.

I now realise it is all about me, and I really did have no reason to be suspicious of him, I used to tell him he didn't have to call and message me so much, and then when he didn't I kind of lost the plot.

I really regret it now and feel sad that I did this to him when he was always so kind to me. I think he was going to give me another chance but wanted me to want it too but I wasn't sure and now that he's not responsive I want him again but don't know if I really even do? I'm so confused.

^^Well I am happy that at least you are acknowledging you have some trust and anxiety issues here, and hopefully you're exploring those issues so as to avoid those same issues popping up again in your next RL.

I personally do that as well when a particular RL or dating situation suddenly goes kaplooey. I own my role in the demise too; I think it's a good idea and smart. And I've learned A LOT from doing so. About myself, relationships, and well, just life!

Re him still being on line, I won't judge you for creating the fake account; I wouldn't have, I would have simply talked to him to find out where his head was at. But you needed to do what you needed to do, for YOU, and I respect that.

JMO but creating the fake profile does seem a bit deceptive though and I don't advocate deception in any RL, romantic or otherwise, just me.

I understand we all need to protect our hearts, I just think there are other ways of going about it, that's all.

Anyway, I am sorry things didn't work out as you might have hoped. Again, it's all a journey. :)

^^Well I am happy that at least you are acknowledging you have some trust and anxiety issues here, and hopefully you're exploring those issues so as to avoid those same issues popping up again in your next RL.

I personally do that as well when a particular RL or dating situation suddenly goes kaplooey. I own my role in the demise too; I think it's a good idea and smart. And I've learned A LOT from doing so. About myself, relationships, and well, just life!

Re him still being on line, I won't judge you for creating the fake account; I wouldn't have, I would have simply talked to him to find out where his head was at. But you needed to do what you needed to do, for YOU, and I respect that.

JMO but creating the fake profile does seem a bit deceptive though and I don't advocate deception in any RL, romantic or otherwise, just me.

I understand we all need to protect our hearts, I just think there are other ways of going about it, that's all.

Anyway, I am sorry things didn't work out as you might have hoped. Again, it's all a journey. :)

Thankyou and yes I've learnt now it's probably wiser to just talk about where things are then going off the deep end like I did, but lesson wel and truly learnt, plenty more fish in the sea!

Had you both discussed exclusivity at this point? In such a short time regardless of who messed up, there's too much drama and trust issues. Usually at this point couples are on the honey moon stage, not creating take profiles and confronting.

Archived