Boyfriend's Daughter

Everlong13

Because it’s not directly related to the OP or the update and smacks of some sort of snide attempt at schadenfraude. Like I said, if there’s nothing meaningful to contribute to the op except snide comments then why bother?

I'm confused. How is it schadenfreude to point out a fact that you, the OP, wrote about in your initial post?

Your concern was not having met his daughter, one of the reasons being that he's still legally married. Some posters pointed that out. You have now updated that he has filed for divorce.

No one is trying to be "obnoxious" or make a "snide attempt at schadenfreude". You wrote for advice, and people gave it. If you don't agree with it, that's cool. Just say so. But don't slam the people who have tried to help you.

Edit: I see that you've met his daughter. He's filed for divorce.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because it’s not directly related to the OP or the update and smacks of some sort of snide attempt at schadenfraude. Like I said, if there’s nothing meaningful to contribute to the op except snide comments then why bother?

It was literally the second sentence in your original post. If you stated very clearly in the second sentence of your OP...how is it not directly related?

I'm confused. How is it schadenfreude to point out a fact that you, the OP, wrote about in your initial post?

Your concern was not having met his daughter, one of the reasons being that he's still legally married. Some posters pointed that out. You have now updated that he has filed for divorce.

No one is trying to be "obnoxious" or make a "snide attempt at schadenfreude". You wrote for advice, and people gave it. If you don't agree with it, that's cool. Just say so. But don't slam the people who have tried to help you.

Edit: I see that you've met his daughter. He's filed for divorce.

Of COURSE replying to me updating that we’re moving along well and I’ve met his daughter with ‘is he married!‘ is obnoxious. Why even bother?

I asked for advice on how to go about meeting his daughter. Luckily we got plenty of good advice from kind, sympathetic people in real life instead of the really unhelpful and unkind stuff most people posted here.

It was literally the second sentence in your original post. If you stated very clearly in the second sentence of your OP...how is it not directly related?

That was quite clearly for background info. And not what I asked for advice about. The divorce is being taken care of. The emotional well-being and emotions of his child were what I/were looking for advice on. As I said above, luckily some genuine advice was taken from people in our lives.

Archived