Terrified to sleep tonight

It's been 2 weeks since the breakup and luckily haven't had any dreams about her until last night. It was the 2nd night at my new place. The dreams were so vivid. I kept trying to find find her in this huge house but everyone kept telling me to go away and that she didn't want to talk to me. I finally found her and she kissed me and said we'll eventually work all this out. Waking up to that was so horrifying.....

I have been fighting the urge to go to sleep and am continuing to do so. I feel like I'm in a Nightmare on Elm Street movie. I'd rather stay awake and search the internet than close my eyes. I'm so terrified of sleeping.

Aww I can understand what you are feeling. It's hard to deal with sleeping the first couple weeks. Just bear down and remember that dreams are a healing process. It's your subconscious trying to heal you but dumping thoughts out when you sleep. Don't worry. Sleep tight . Everything will be ok.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

@ bear

Please try listening to some positive affirmations from youtube while u trying to sleep. They might help u sleep and not dream . This actually helped me . I know u don't like to be on your phone .

But best way to listen is with your headphones and youtube .

Your dream is a a common one when you've lost someone, in this case a girlfriend. You can try some hot milk, a stiff drink, or some Benedryl to relax and drift off to sleep. But I can't guarantee you won't have it again. This is your subconscious brain trying work out your break up. Try to distract yourself by hanging around with friends, exercising and going to parties and events. You've just got to deal with it and move on.

Luckily I didn't have any nightmares so that was nice. But my brain still hasn't adjusted to living alone yet. Every day I wake up confused and wonder where she is at. I have to keep reliving the breakup as I wake up. I hope this will fade in the weeks/months to come :(

Luckily I didn't have any nightmares so that was nice. But my brain still hasn't adjusted to living alone yet. Every day I wake up confused and wonder where she is at. I have to keep reliving the breakup as I wake up. I hope this will fade in the weeks/months to come :(

It does man. I'm 10 months out of a 7 year RS. Waaaaaaay better then about the first 6 months. Sorry, it just takes time and alot of it. I still have bad days but you realize your world does not revolve around an ex. It just takes time to realize that.

It does man. I'm 10 months out of a 7 year RS. Waaaaaaay better then about the first 6 months. Sorry, it just takes time and alot of it. I still have bad days but you realize your world does not revolve around an ex. It just takes time to realize that.

Thanks, man. Yeah, I know it doesn't revolve around her. That reality is a tough pill to swallow. Since it happened, it's just a pain that doesn't go away. When I'm awake, she's there...when I'm asleep she's there. Everything I do, every place I go, everything I see...it all reminds me of her. I hate it. I don't want it to be that way but it is.

She had my heart. Since the breakup, it's hard to find meaning in anything else. Don't get me wrong I love my family and friends and grateful for my health/job and all that. But the little energy I can muster in a day is devoted to crying, destroying memories of us, running away from her ghost, and pretending to be a normal person in public. I hate this new life I have for myself....I don't want it and don't want to be here anymore. But I have no choice....So, I'll just carry on...going through the motions and doing every cliche thing in my power to try and distract myself from picking up the phone and just telling her what my heart wants to say. I'll never get to speak to her again and that's something I just have to live with.

My only saving grace is that there is a small chance I don't dream of her tonight. And I guess that would be something!

Sorry for being so dark...this has been so tough on me. I am trying to do all the right things, I really am.

Archived