Pregnancy risk?

Perrin83

Again, sure. It has already been clear and not sure why others are against stating accurate information, while deeming other information more important than others. Really, he should get it by now. It's been said and done, hammered home, and it wasn't even what he asked. He needed to hear his actions were wreckless, but as long as he read the posts, then it should be redundant at this point, in which this thread will inevitably close.

Methinks the opposition is because the facts could slightly undermine the agrument of he should be more careful, since it seems low. Which, it shouldn't. They are averaged percentages, aka probability. In actuality, it states an important question: would you leave it up to chance to become a father? I would like to imagine it would be a no, but no one knows.

Public health awareness programs strive to change the perception of others via warning them of the probablility of unwanted outcomes and is effective in changing behavior in many cases. This is no different. Opinions can pursuade someone's actions, but awarenes arms a person with the knowledge to make informative decisions.

I'm referring to the best interests of the child (whether or not she would choose to abort). I think the statistics you present -which I have seen and reviewed countless times before- he could find those with a google search - have nothing to do with his choice to risk fathering the child of a married woman - and married in the situation you described (in case you want to come up with some hypothetical scenario where the woman is technically married but almost divorced, etc). So -no -I don't think in his situation he should ever risk fathering a child - that is just selfish to the child IMHO. It's hard enough to be a child with a typical family, with a loving, two-parent family - a child born into that level of needless complication and presumed stress- so unfair. And because of his choice he'd have little say in whether he could get custody, or put up the child for adoption, or whether the child would even get to be born. None of your statistics undermine that argument because IMO the choice should be zero risk of conception. And nothing you wrote has zero risk nor could it.

I'm referring to the best interests of the child (whether or not she would choose to abort). I think the statistics you present -which I have seen and reviewed countless times before- he could find those with a google search - have nothing to do with his choice to risk fathering the child of a married woman - and married in the situation you described (in case you want to come up with some hypothetical scenario where the woman is technically married but almost divorced, etc). So -no -I don't think in his situation he should ever risk fathering a child - that is just selfish to the child IMHO. It's hard enough to be a child with a typical family, with a loving, two-parent family - a child born into that level of needless complication and presumed stress- so unfair. And because of his choice he'd have little say in whether he could get custody, or put up the child for adoption, or whether the child would even get to be born. None of your statistics undermine that argument because IMO the choice should be zero risk of conception. And nothing you wrote has zero risk nor could it.

If the OP was going to google the statistics himself, then why ask?

I would stop inferring your ideas about my posts. Never have I insinuated there is zero risk, or advocated for wreckless behavior and neglecting responsibilities, including those to a potentially unborn child. I was just stating the facts lady and that they can be a useful deterrant. The statistics of conceiving are low, but if you really don't want to be a father then he should make better decisions about protection.

I can tell you don't know much about public health, in saying statistics have nothing to do with a person's decisions when they directly relate to it. Refer to the previous edited post for an example. However, I am not here to defend all of the ideas behind public health, statistics, and informed choices, but I'll agree to disagree.

If the OP was going to google the statistics himself, then why ask?

I would stop inferring your ideas about my posts. Never have I insinuated there is zero risk, or advocated for wreckless behavior and neglecting responsibilities, including those to a potentially unborn child. I was just stating the facts lady and that they can be a useful deterrant. The statistics of conceiving are low, but if you really don't want to be a father then he should make better decisions about protection.

I can tell you don't know much about public health, in saying statistics have nothing to do with a person's decisions when they directly relate to it. Refer to the previous edited post for an example. However, I am not here to defend all of the ideas behind public health, statistics, and informed choices, but I'll agree to disagree.

Useless conversation IMO because apparently what I wrote and meant is not being conveyed properly and you are responding to information and opinions I did not write. I don't think he should make better decisions about protection when it comes to having sex with a married woman. I think he should avoid having sex at all with a married woman especially since she is not even legally separated. So IMO the statistics have nothing at all do with his choices going forward, for sure because the chances of natural conception from abstaining are zero. I never pretended to know about public health. I do know how babies are made through intercourse and I know a lot about the conception and birthing of my own baby.

Useless conversation IMO because apparently what I wrote and meant is not being conveyed properly and you are responding to information and opinions I did not write. I don't think he should make better decisions about protection when it comes to having sex with a married woman. I think he should avoid having sex at all with a married woman especially since she is not even legally separated. So IMO the statistics have nothing at all do with his choices going forward, for sure because the chances of natural conception from abstaining are zero. I never pretended to know about public health. I do know how babies are made through intercourse and I know a lot about the conception and birthing of my own baby.

I classified your point under the term "wreckless behavior" that I don't advocate for. Of course I don't advocate anyone should cheat, I never said otherwise. I said facts trump opinions and make a person think twice before making a decision (cheating with a married woman, not using protection with anyone else, etc). That is all.

Likewise, what I wrote is also not being conveyed, but instead conjectures that go on an extreme tangent are being made. When did I ever say he should cheat with a married woman, but wear protection first? I did say use protection in general, but didn't advocate nonsensical and wreckless behavior (yes, cheating with a married person falls under this). I said it was obvious what he was doing is wrong on a moral view and knowing the facts, in addition to all of the similar morality based statements that have already been said, should drive home a more convincing deterrent.

This is an advice forum, where everyone states their piece. The stats were part of my input in addition to the moral aspects. A few have answered the actual question and more have adequately chimed in on the moral side that I also agree with (I never said I didn't agree, just curious why posters were against those who answered his original question), which he seems to be aware of in the first place. All useful, although he has been aware of the moral viewpoint since the original posting, which is unfortunate. We can only hope he makes better decisions after hearing everything.

Haha, wow. I thought it was just us girls who went through all this stress, it's very interesting seeing it from a guys point of view.

If she is pregnant, it could well be the husbands. I apologize if you've already stated that it can't be, I just woke up haha. Usually the things we freak out over the most DONT tend to come true so the odds could be in your favour. Also this will probably put you off having sex for life haha I thought I was pregnant 2 years ago after a similar mistake and genuinely haven't even come close to sex since, despite seeing someone for the past 9 months.

The bottom line: don’t trust someone else’s protection but your own. They teach this life skill in high school sex education class, so there’s no excuse or baloney statistics. Guys, you have NO idea if a woman is accountable enough of taking her medication regularly or is on a prescription that can alter the effects of birth control. Plus risk of STDs (even if she is married, you have NO idea if her husband is clean and are basing your luck on hearsay). And NOTHING is 100% efficient against an unwanted pregnancy. Three women on this thread - myself included - have reported a pregnancy from the pullout method.

Anytime you take a risk, you are accountable. Own up to it or walk away.

Archived