This day and Age dating

Lost 73

I have been in 2 relationships in the last 19 years not single for very long between those 2. I am taking time off to be alone for a bit. But when I am ready it seems things have changed a whole bunch, Tinder, POF, Bumble, it seems everything is superficial based on looks and it seems more than half is fake. Just way to many hot people or nothing in profile. What’s the real new way of meeting people in the 40’s I’m not a bar type of guy, I consider myself pretty good looking and I have a great job. Just not the right one yet.

Any advice for a guy in his mid 40's that is looking for something real.

Agree with DancingFool. The key is diversifying. Also take courses, professional seminars, social classes like cooking, dancing etc, as well as volunteering. This means real life social opportunities as well a couple free and a couple paid dating apps. It takes time. Just be friendly. Start talking to women in real life and online and suggest meeting for coffee.

The game's the same, just with additional tools. If you prefer to meet people in real life and not through an online profile, boy howdy has the internet made that a million times easier as well. Volunteer opportunities, community events, recreational sports leagues, cheap or even free non-credit classes... you name it and it's a Google search away.

Speaking personally, OLD served as a great complement, but if you've got an aversion to it, you'll still do fine so long as you put a pretty barebones effort into engaging with your community.

Agree with DancingFool. The key is diversifying. Also take courses, professional seminars, social classes like cooking, dancing etc, as well as volunteering. This means real life social opportunities as well a couple free and a couple paid dating apps. It takes time. Just be friendly. Start talking to women in real life and online and suggest meeting for coffee.
i agree with them, too. do things you like

don't do coffee. i like to meet for an alcoholic drink. but don't get too drunk. thats unattractive. lol

Never new about meetup I will take a look, the volunteering might not be a option I leave the house at 6AM to go to work and get home at 6PM M-F.

I used to believe that if one was single in their 40's that usually meant that they are damaged goods or a reason why they are single. All the way up until I caught my ex wife Cheating and was single again at 40. then I understood the difference

Never new about meetup I will take a look, the volunteering might not be a option I leave the house at 6AM to go to work and get home at 6PM M-F.

I used to believe that if one was single in their 40's that usually meant that they are damaged goods or a reason why they are single. All the way up until I caught my ex wife Cheating and was single again at 40. then I understood the difference

sorry that happened. all about the journey. its cool that you took some time and are ready to date.

You are probably better off meeting in real life as you are on a level playing field as apposed to online dating. Consider online like standing in a room with a thousand other guys all trying to talk to 50 attractive women. What are your chances?

In real life the odds are less of running into a single woman in your age range but the odds of getting to talk to her and see what happens is way higher, especially if you look younger than you really are.

Volunteering is a great way to heal your soul after being cheated on. Weekends have a lot of opportunities 4 or 5 times a year so don't discount the idea.

I started dating after being married for 20 years when I was in my mid 40's and boy was it an eye opener.

Good luck

Lost

Archived