Its not working but I can't move on

Exotic86

He should have just let me go. Its not helping me move on. Yes, he doesn't want to lose his "side woman". After receiving his message and seeing his new profile picture, i started thinking about him more. Maybe that's what he wants. And strange thing is that he contacted me on 15th Feb. He didn't have to contact me at all.

Helping you is not, and was never, in keeping with the douchebag's best interests. That's why it makes no sense to focus on his behavior as an influencer of your own. Just as it's never wise to trust the judgment of someone who we, ourselves, know is rebounding, why would you trust the lousy judgment of someone who'd cheat on his wife to ever hold YOUR best interests at heart?

Maturity doesn't make choices based on the words or behaviors of anyone else, maturity holds the experience to know what is right and to behave accordingly. It only 'seems' like delayed gratification when we know we'll thank ourselves later. It's actually immediate gratification every time we can recognize and preempt a lousy deal, because it's gratifying to grow with realities instead of building dumb fantasies that will only bring dis-illusionment at some point.

I'd skip the idea of romanticizing some great bond with this loser that you find difficult to break, and I'd embrace instead that you're strong enough to overcome dis-illusionment and never have a need to engage it again.

You'll thank yourself TODAY for that, and any imagined difficulties with moving forward will be in your rearview mirror.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived