Why do you like me?..and then dumps me.

snmpwalker

I was cuddling up to GF of 3 months in bed one day and told her that I really liked her.

She was looking out the window at that time and said, "I wonder why you like me so much" with a rather straight expression...no smile, no joy, no appreciation.

I know that she is conscious of her facial features and without going into detail, she almost certainly never takes her own picture or selfie as she is very conscious...

I tried to reassure her that she was/is my queen and kissed her shoulder and hugged.

About 2 weeks later she dumped me. No reason. But I know for a fact (verified by multiple sources) that she does not have another man in her life.

History: Her father and mother are separated. She grew up with her mother along with 5 other siblings. Money was tight. Could this be a reason she is now afraid to commit to men as seeing the only male influence in her life disappeared when she was growing up? She is in touch with her father now and visits him time to time, though.

Any help is appreciated since she has disappeared from my life now and Its been 2 weeks of NC thus far (I have gone NC and she has not gotten in touch either, after calling me over to sit down to deliver the news that she is breaking up for reasons she cannot explain).

Sometimes in a relationship, you just don't "feel" it. I've been on both sides. My college sweetheart after a year decided she just didn't "feel" it with me, while I dated a girl after college for a year and neither of us were "feeling" it. A third girl I went with off and on for 10 years "felt" it, but I just didn't "feel" it. Sometimes some people just "aren't into you" as they said on Sex and the City.

She apparently liked you enough to sleep with you, but maybe, from her background, she has a difficult time trusting people or forming strong emotions for people. It may take her some time to overcome this. If I were you, I would move on to someone who is nice and stable. Someone with all the emotional baggage.

Sometimes in a relationship, you just don't "feel" it. I've been on both sides. My college sweetheart after a year decided she just didn't "feel" it with me, while I dated a girl after college for a year and neither of us were "feeling" it. A third girl I went with off and on for 10 years "felt" it, but I just didn't "feel" it. Sometimes some people just "aren't into you" as they said on Sex and the City.

She apparently liked you enough to sleep with you, but maybe, from her background, she has a difficult time trusting people or forming strong emotions for people. It may take her some time to overcome this.

----

If I were you, I would move on to someone who is nice and stable. Someone with all the emotional baggage.

Why would you assume she isn't nice and stable? Because she wasn't feeling it with him?

And what is all this emotional baggage?

Because her parents are separated??

OP said she spends time with her dad now anyway, so that theory doesn't hold water.

Last I checked, at least 50% of marriages end in divorce, here in southern Cali, raise that figure to 85%.

If everyone avoided dating people because their parents were separated or divorced, 50%+ people would never get together at all.

OP, she just wasn't into you enough to want to stay, that's all.

I was cuddling up to GF of 3 months in bed one day and told her that I really liked her.

She was looking out the window at that time and said, "I wonder why you like me so much" with a rather straight expression...no smile, no joy, no appreciation.

I know that she is conscious of her facial features and without going into detail, she almost certainly never takes her own picture or selfie as she is very conscious...

I tried to reassure her that she was/is my queen and kissed her shoulder and hugged.

About 2 weeks later she dumped me. No reason. But I know for a fact (verified by multiple sources) that she does not have another man in her life.

History: Her father and mother are separated. She grew up with her mother along with 5 other siblings. Money was tight. Could this be a reason she is now afraid to commit to men as seeing the only male influence in her life disappeared when she was growing up? She is in touch with her father now and visits him time to time, though.

Any help is appreciated since she has disappeared from my life now and Its been 2 weeks of NC thus far (I have gone NC and she has not gotten in touch either, after calling me over to sit down to deliver the news that she is breaking up for reasons she cannot explain).

it hurts to get dumped and we all tend to look for answers or signs but you know, sometimes you just have to move on without them. maybe she's crazy or stupid or neither. accept that you deserve better and focus on living one day at a time.

There probably isn't any cause and effect at work here. So stop thinking about it. She lost interest. The reason really doesn't matter.

Archived