I'm tired of overthinking everything

Lovelavie

I have always been an overthinker, but the more time passes, the more I feel trapped inside my own head. I feel like I always feel things too intensely. I started a new phase in my life where I finally do not feel anything towards my ex, I found out he cheated on me and this has numbed out any feelings I could possibly have towards him. However, this has lead to me obsessing with a guy I've been crushing on for 7 months now. I think about him all the time and even though I know we won't be together since he's got a GF, I feel like I'm so used to thinking that my ex was the best person I had ever had that when I finally came to the conclusion he wasn't I had to deposit all this thinking about someone else.

I am also overwhelmed because I recently got an opportunity to go to a job where I'll earn a lot more but in compensation I don't feel appealed by the things I'll be doing there, so I'm extremely confused (I am a very indecisive person, when I make a decision I rarely regret it, but the process of making one is so overwhelming and stressful for me)

I'm also not happy with my life in general, I feel like I always have to numb out my feelings by going to parties (don't get me wrong, I love going to techno parties and I'm picky about the places I go to because I do have fun in the right place), but all weekends it's all the same and it's getting old.

Last week I had a bunch of anxiety attacks, I stopped eating on purpose so I would focus on my hunger instead of my feelings, I also was unhappy with my body (I have an average weight but I got this vibe where I wanted to get really thin). I was eating a bunch of junk food so it was good to stop eating that, but I forced myself to feel hungry and focus on my body instead of my mind.

This has lessened down a little but I still can't eat normally without thinking I'm overeating. I'm tired of feeling anxious about everything, of trembling and not being able to breathe when I have those attacks, I feel like my mind is always working way too much.

Sometimes I just want to move to another country and start all over. I live in Brazil and I do wish to move no another country as it has always been my wish, but for the past months I feel like I just want to get a new start, but then again I'm not sure how much this will solve my anxiety problems. I feel like I'm walking in circles.

I no longer know what it's like to be in love, I haven't felt butterflies in my stomach in forever, and the more I'm single the more I wish to be as I keep meeting guys that make no effort to be with me whatsoever or either hurt my feelings by lying/cheating. I have no exciting feelings about anything, everything is just really stable and monotonous, but my thoughts keeps going and going.

I think you're overwhelming yourself by trying to tackle too much at once and fasting just adds to the issue -it's not a good time to fast IMO when you're already feeling anxious. Have you tried the Weil method of 4-7-8 breathing? Google it. Also try for the next week to eat balanced meals 3 times a day and one or two light and healthy snacks, do at least a 30 minute brisk walk or run every single day, and get at least 7-8 hours sleep as your goal. And do the breathing. Those are simple, non-extreme things you can do. I'd try that first and see how that goes and consider speaking with a counselor or therapist.

Archived