I met this guy on Omegle, we've been talking for a few days now but it feels like I've known him for sooo long. He lives in the UK whereas i'm in asia but we talked on the phone the first time we met online (after texting for like 9 hours lol) and have been calling/texting every day. He and I are very inexperienced, I've never liked/felt such strong emotions for someone else and just yesterday he told me he loved me.

He's so sweet, funny and cute, unlike the guys over in my country. However, he's very attracted and interested in me but he's also sexually attracted in a way, he'd somehow want me to send him nudes but he knows I wasn't comfortable in that way and he'd understand me. But I feel like he gets disappointed every time I turn him down and I feel so bad because he says that he really wants me. He asked me to be his girlfriend but I'm scared that I can't commit to this since we're both in uni (I have a year left before I go to uni but he's already in it) and that we'd find people that we'll eventually have feelings for.

I really love him and I don't want to lose him, he's so precious to me and it hurts that I can't confirm our relationship with one another cause we're just too far. (he's also not financially stable and so am I) Every time I talk to him I just get so upset every day that I'm so far away from him... Is this just a case where he's someone new and I just assume that I like/love him? Alot of my friends think this is going abit too fast but it feels natural to me....

Do NOT send this stranger nude pictures of you.

Get off the computer and find a guy that is close enough for you to hold his hand on a regular basis.

Stop talking to him altogether and soon enough you won't be sad anymore. I'm betting that you're crushing on a guy who just wants to add your nude to the photo collection he has of naked and naïve young girls so good for you for turning him down... don't let him talk you into it.

Do your parents know you're carrying on like this with this guy?

If he's hassling you for nude photos he has no interest in getting to know you as a person and no respect for you as a person. People's lives have been destroyed or nearly so because they sent nude photos to people they did actually know let alone complete strangers.

No my parents don't. I've already told him I won't be sending them and he understands. I just don't know if I like him because he's so on and off with his emotions, he doesn't want to share it with me even if I ask because he says it's too personal and I feel bad for intruding his life.

If he's hassling you for nude photos he has no interest in getting to know you as a person and no respect for you as a person. People's lives have been destroyed or nearly so because they sent nude photos to people they did actually know let alone complete strangers.

yea, i understand. He's not hassling me though, I always tell him to stop talking about it and I just really want to know more about him but it seems like he doesn't trust me or it's just too personal for him idk

You can't love someone you've never physically met. I did online dating for several years and limited it to local dating only. You are fooling yourself that he is better than local men. He is a fantasy. Anybody can be wonderful in cyber space (not that he is, pouting and trying to make you feel bad for not sending inappropriate photos). It's never reality until you've physically been in a relationship with someone and seen them regularly for at least 4 months. After that honeymoon period, the real person emerges.

Just because you haven't met anyone decent locally doesn't mean you never will. It takes dating a boatload of men to find "the one." No one said it was easy. When you think about it, it's more rare to meet someone who meets all of your main needs versus someone who doesn't tick all the boxes. That's why you date: to weed out the ones who don't make the grade and stick with the one who is compatible with you. You're not going to find those things out by wasting time with someone you will never meet, or someone you meet up with so rarely that it'll take far longer, and be so much more expensive, to get to that point. Be smart and date locally. I did that and met my future husband that way.

yea, i understand. He's not hassling me though, I always tell him to stop talking about it and I just really want to know more about him but it seems like he doesn't trust me or it's just too personal for him idk

To me that is hassling if you have to tell him more than once or twice. He is a complete stranger whose focus is getting nude photos of you. Of course he doesn't want to share information about himself because that might be harmful to his goal of getting the photos and being able to use them however he wants without you being able to track him down. Also he might be a woman, or much older or younger than he says he is and/or married, a criminal, etc - this way he can get the photos without you being able to track him down.

Think about it -if someone wanted to develop a potentially long term connection with you do you think he would risk offending you by asking for those photos even one time? And before you ever meet in person or have an actual date? Do you want someone who thinks that is ok to do?

Archived