Anyone have experience with dating in NYC?

jennylove

I'm here and having a good time, going out to eat with my Aunt soon I talked to my company again and it sound like I would likely contract at Sloan Kettering but they'd have me live in Brooklyn. I'll look everything up later. I'll likely go for it so long as the commute by transit isn't going to take hours. Not sure I'll stay here for a full year, but 6 months would be nice.

Yeah I'd find out where in Brooklyn if you're trying to avoid long subway commutes. It's a pretty big borough.

And, really, if it's a "I wanna said I did it" thing, by all means you do you. You don't need a workable kitchen or a good dating experience to enjoy NYC for 6 months. I would say to assume the prospect of either finding a kitchen or a man to be slim to nil... especially the kitchen. NYC is kitchenette central. People in the areas recent implants enjoy by and large don't cook and designers 99% of the time cut the kitchen space to add to the living space. And if it's not a kitchenette, you'd be extremely lucky to find a galley-style kitchen that leaves enough room to open the oven. Personally, I love to cook, so it's a bummer. You venture further into the boroughs and you can find an actual home, but you'll stick out like a sore thumb and the commute will probably be awful.

I don't want to **** all over NYC. I've made it work for me. But, again, that's because I refuse to live any further south than 157th St. You couldn't pay me to live anywhere much further south of that in Manhattan or in gentrified Brooklyn. There are honestly some livable places for an implant in Brooklyn, but if they are affordable and near a line, it's because it's still a hipster hub. And I hate hipsters. So, so much.

Yeah I'd find out where in Brooklyn if you're trying to avoid long subway commutes. It's a pretty big borough.

And, really, if it's a "I wanna said I did it" thing, by all means you do you. You don't need a workable kitchen or a good dating experience to enjoy NYC for 6 months. I would say to assume the prospect of either finding a kitchen or a man to be slim to nil... especially the kitchen. NYC is kitchenette central. People in the areas recent implants enjoy by and large don't cook and designers 99% of the time cut the kitchen space to add to the living space. And if it's not a kitchenette, you'd be extremely lucky to find a galley-style kitchen that leaves enough room to open the oven. Personally, I love to cook, so it's a bummer. You venture further into the boroughs and you can find an actual home, but you'll stick out like a sore thumb and the commute will probably be awful.

I don't want to **** all over NYC. I've made it work for me. But, again, that's because I refuse to live any further south than 157th St. You couldn't pay me to live anywhere much further south of that in Manhattan or in gentrified Brooklyn. There are honestly some livable places for an implant in Brooklyn, but if they are affordable and near a line, it's because it's still a hipster hub. And I hate hipsters. So, so much.

I don't know why people put Chicago and NY in same sentence as if they're identical

You can pay 2000-2500 a month and have a beautiful 2000 square foot place in Chicago with everything you possibly need. You can't even get a parking space for that much in Manhattan

I lived in NYC for 20 years. Dated a lot. Met some great boyfriends. Problem with NYC is that everyone seems to trade up all the time. You're always a party away from meeting the next best person. If you're young it's great for dating. Mid thirties. Gets tougher and tougher for females at least. Guys I think its different. Also there are pretty ladies in NYC. Better looking this guys IMO

Archived