It takes only the smallest of things to make somebodies day.

Lately I have felt down. This is a feeling everybody can relate to. A feeling everybody has felt for one reason or another. For me it's family issues and hormones and sometimes it's just life. "That tree is just too damn tall!" *sobs*

Yesterday I went to work though and this one person smiled at me. Just casually but I smiled back. The rest of the day I felt lighter. I came home and the repetitious drawl of my dad and his negative thoughts became his weaknesses instead of his faults.

That one smile gave me the ability to see life from his perspective because I could see through the wall that I built up.

So today when I went to work I smiled at everybody I could.

Other than sore cheeks... It felt great. People spoke to me more and I learned that this one lady has 4 children and her husband had left her and that she was barely coping. When she left she said that I'd made her day....

That sentence alone made mine.

I guess what I am saying is that wouldn't the world be so much better if we just smiled?

If we listened and we gave and we took equally.

The smallest of things can make a change and today I made a change.

It felt great!!

This is a wonderful post and it's brightened my day after a very bad night spent with my elderly mother. Thank you.

Positivity is just as catching as negativity and we all need to remember that and spread it far and wide - the positivity that is. Bless you Internet stranger, this is what's known as paying it forward. I'll try to do the same with someone else today.

Archived