Mum boyfriend inapropriate

HannaJ

I agree that you should not put yourself in a situation to be alone with him - go to the library, etc, or something. If you are alone in the house with him or mom is in the house and occupied, record everything. I would save up, etc, or do anything towards moving out in a proper way.

I would not move in with your boyfriend and play house. I would TALK to your boyfriends parents and also your best female friends parents and tell them what is going on and ask if you can spend the night - not in your boyfriend's arms - but in a spare bedroom or the basement fold out couch, etc, just on nights mom won't be home until late and you and her boyfriend will be alone OR make a plan to tell mom, then sleep somewhere else for a night or two to give her a chance to process it. I think sleeping elsewhere when mom won't be home and rotate between boyfriend's family and friends' or other relative's families just so you are not imposing on anyone either.

Also, maybe they would give you some other advice. Unfortunately, you can't press any charges if he merely says a models' rear end looks like yours. And you don't want it to escalate to a point where you can.

Also, living with dad in a co-existent manner - where dad and you are two ships in the night is far better than living with mom and being on edge. Maybe you can live with dad until you finish school and then go out on your own and get your own place.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly.

"If you are alone in the house with him or mom is in the house and occupied, record everything. I would save up, etc, or do anything towards moving out in a proper way."

"I think sleeping elsewhere when mom won't be home and rotate between boyfriend's family and friends' or other relative's families just so you are not imposing on anyone either.

"

Clear thinking is required.

This post has made me so angry. My mother is the same as yours, cant be alone, has to have a man in her life and all of them have been losers.

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I have first hand experience of it too, and it really shapes the adult you become.

Is there someone you can stay with tonight? Do you have a friend locally?

It is good that you have a good relationship with your BF family. Do they know the full extent of what is happening?

The best thing I can suggest is to distance yourself from your mother & spend as little time as possible with her. I have a very strained relationship with mine now, and see her as little as possible.

I actually got married at 19 to get away from her & her men. My marriage wasnt great, but at least I was safe.

Take care & let us know what happens.

I agree that you should not put yourself in a situation to be alone with him - go to the library, etc, or something. If you are alone in the house with him or mom is in the house and occupied, record everything. I would save up, etc, or do anything towards moving out in a proper way.

I would not move in with your boyfriend and play house. I would TALK to your boyfriends parents and also your best female friends parents and tell them what is going on and ask if you can spend the night - not in your boyfriend's arms - but in a spare bedroom or the basement fold out couch, etc, just on nights mom won't be home until late and you and her boyfriend will be alone OR make a plan to tell mom, then sleep somewhere else for a night or two to give her a chance to process it. I think sleeping elsewhere when mom won't be home and rotate between boyfriend's family and friends' or other relative's families just so you are not imposing on anyone either.

Also, maybe they would give you some other advice. Unfortunately, you can't press any charges if he merely says a models' rear end looks like yours. And you don't want it to escalate to a point where you can.

Also, living with dad in a co-existent manner - where dad and you are two ships in the night is far better than living with mom and being on edge. Maybe you can live with dad until you finish school and then go out on your own and get your own place.

He didn't just say that. She said he slaps her on the behind and touches her breasts.

You're 18? Time for you to spread your wings, love. You could have a chat to your mother, but .... she seems pretty ineffective so far. It depends on what kind of personality she is, whether she will take action, blame you, break up with the guy and fall into a depression...but none of that is your concern, because if you say something to her, and she brushes you off or doesn't believe you, or lets this carry on, then you need to distance yourself. Her reaction is up to her.

He's a creep and a pervert, and it's very inappropriate how he's treating you. Get the cops onto this fool!

And you're old enough to get out of the house, if that's what you want. You don't need to put up with that, if she chooses him over you. While you're still in the house, though, get a lock on your door and the bathroom (if it doesn't have one already), and avoid the creep! But you shouldn't have to do that in your own home. I can see tears for your mum if she continues to have this guy in her life and your home...but that's their business. Taking care of yourself is your business, and if I were you - I'd be leaving.

Archived