Over Sensitive

Plantingfool

Can I ask you? Would you have felt differently say you were 40?

LOL Are you asking yourself this question? Your question quoted Plantingfool but it was asked by Gardeningfool.

This is very confusing because you've posted under both user names in this thread.

I know I'm middle aged, but I'm having trouble keeping up.

Who are you asking this question of?

Are you maybe asking because your BF is 40 Planting/GardeningF?

I suppose we cannot say at 20 how we would feel at 40. At 20 the outlook is so different and 40 seems like a century away. And then at 40 there is a wealth of experience already, which is good of course.

Are you maybe asking because your BF is 40 Planting/GardeningF?

I suppose we cannot say at 20 how we would feel at 40. At 20 the outlook is so different and 40 seems like a century away. And then at 40 there is a wealth of experience already, which is good of course.

See that's what I get so stuck on. Yes I know I can't change his mind. I just feel that at our age we know and don't want to waste anymore time. Maybe it's just a silly way of thinking

Don't even attempt the mind changing Plant. Continue with the plan of action you have, a six month hiatus. See where it goes.

I feel that as the years pass the years become more precious. But no matter what age we never, ever, know what tomorrow holds for us.

Young at heart.....that's the way to be.

Don't even attempt the mind changing Plant. Continue with the plan of action you have, a six month hiatus. See where it goes.

I feel that as the years pass the years become more precious. But no matter what age we never, ever, know what tomorrow holds for us.

Young at heart.....that's the way to be.

Thanks!! Can I ask you another question off topic? What should I pack when I go to Greece? Lol

Would I have reacted better to being given a marriage ultimatum at age 40?

No way.

Ultimatums are issued as a way to get someone who doesn't want to do something you want them to do, to do it or else. That's how I see it...either you do what I want you to do or I will leave you.

Now, that's not to say that setting boundaries isn't a bad idea. If you want to be married within a certain time frame and you're dating someone who either doesn't want to be married or isn't on the same time frame you are, the answer (IMO) isn't to issue an ultimatum, but instead state calmly how you feel. If the other person isn't on board, you move on or you adjust your expectations/wish list.

I've been unmarried since my early 30s and I sure am not in a hurry to get married again. I've been married, procreated and now am enjoying the single life. If I'd never been married and never had kids, sure, maybe I'd feel differently.

Archived