Here is the story in a nutshell.

Me and my boyfriend broke up a couple of months ago. He came round on Wed and we had a really good talk and decided to give things another go. But later that day I got a answermachine message that he might have made a big mistake and to call him back asap.

So I called, no reply. I figured that I'd just wait for him to call me back so I waited and waited. No reply. I figured that he must just need some time to figure things out in his head.

I eventually called him today and asked him if he was just thinking or whether he just wasn't planning on speaking to me at all. He said that he needed some time to think.

Is this good or bad?

Good - he's seriously thinking about what he wants and thereforeeee hopefully he'll make the right decision about the fututre.

Bad - if he really loved me then he wouldn't have to think about it at all.

And how long should I leave him to think before declaring him a lost cause?

well there certainly were issues!!!

He had cheated on me on a drunken night out.

I have depression and have done for years but am starting to feel a lot better now with new meds and a new counsellor.

I really want to work things out - but things have to change - and he knows this!

well there certainly were issues!!!

He had cheated on me on a drunken night out.

I have depression and have done for years but am starting to feel a lot better now with new meds and a new counsellor.

I really want to work things out - but things have to change - and he knows this!

Do you mean both of you have to change or just what he does?

He doesn't know what he wants, so he's buying time. Like Day_Walker said, it's neither good nor bad. I wouldn't sit there and wait for him to make a decision either. Give him a reasonable amount of time, then take control of the situation. If he doesn't make a decision make it for him (which will be to move forward with your own life).