Just want to give up

Tinalilly75

I am done! I am just going to be a lady living with a bunch of cats. What is it with men? Yesterday he told me that I am a good person and he is attracted to me and the sex was great but something is missing!!! He wants to be friends. Asked him give it sometime and maybe what ever is missing will be there and he said I don't think it will change. I AM DONE! I wasn't even attracted to him at first but I decided to give him a chance, what a disappointment

What might have been missing for him is that you weren't, as you admit, attracted to him in the first place. If I felt that from a woman I'd be out the door. How would you like it if a man said he wasn't attracted to you, but decided to give you a chance?

Tina.

It's called "life". Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you.

No, it isn't "what is it with men". It could be "what is it with some men".

When did this fleeting relationship start?

Known him since last November he pursued everything. Conversations was great, sex was great. Then he had a lot of stuff on his plate so i gave him space we was going through a lot, long story. Just came to me as a surprise because when we were together he was always initiating the kisses etc and he was very romantic. Dont know....My head hurts now

What might have been missing for him is that you weren't, as you admit, attracted to him in the first place. If I felt that from a woman I'd be out the door. How would you like it if a man said he wasn't attracted to you, but decided to give you a chance?

But I like him now though and my attraction grew

Tina.

It's called "life". Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you.

No, it isn't "what is it with men". It could be "what is it with some men".

When did this fleeting relationship start?

I agree!

Also, why are you settling for guys that you are not crazy about. I think that when you are more selective, the right one will come along.

I am done! I am just going to be a lady living with a bunch of cats. What is it with men? Yesterday he told me that I am a good person and he is attracted to me and the sex was great but something is missing!!! He wants to be friends. Asked him give it sometime and maybe what ever is missing will be there and he said I don't think it will change. I AM DONE! I wasn't even attracted to him at first but I decided to give him a chance, what a disappointment

First off I am so sorry you're hurting but your comment that at first YOU weren't all that attracted to him is very telling.

It tells me that the chemistry/energy just wasn't there from the get go, not for you, and mostly likely not for him either.

THAT is what was missing.

I understand though, people are lonely and want to give others a chance, so they sort of "go through the motions" not really feeling it, but hey it's better than being alone.

Then when one or the other meets that person who "does" rock their world, the person they felt 'meh' about gets tossed aside.

Going forward, if you are not attracted, not feeling it after two dates, move on.

Chemistry/energy is mutual and if you're not feeling it, he isn't either. And you're both just going through the motions.

This never works out well in the end.

Don't give up! Continue dating and having fun meeting/talking/dating men and having different experiences.

I know for me, I learn something valuable from each and every interaction/relationship I have, it's all a process, to learn and grow, evolve.

Don't fight that process, embrace it!

Try to NOT become so attached to the outcome.

The road there is just as much fun as getting there!

Feel better (hugs).

But I like him now though and my attraction grew

Fair enough and you know what? I have dated quite a bit this year and last, and have learned that many people (men and women) have issues/fears that have NOTHING to do with us.

Myself included!

When **** like this happens, it a good opportunity to reflect and introspect.

Try to not it personally if you can.

My guess is this has little if anything to do with you.

Fair enough and you know what? I have dated quite a bit this year and last, and have learned that many people (men and women) have issues/fears that have NOTHING to do with us.

Myself included!

When **** like this happens, it a good opportunity to reflect and introspect.

Try to not it personally if you can.

My guess is this has little if anything to do with you.

Thanks for your advice *hugs*

I am just puzzled as to why, I just don't understand

I will be 42 in July I am just tired of all this

Archived