I was with my ex boyfriend for 6 years. He broke up with me five months ago because I didn't give him enough attention which caused some distance. Ive told him before how I feel about him and that I do want him back. I've also told him that we can't be just friends because of my feelings for him. But he's always insisted that we remain friends.

He's currently in a relationship with someone which started about 2 weeks after we broke up. We're in contact now and it's very civil. No arguments. But I wait for him to reach out because he does have a gf. He periodically reaches out to me about at least once a week.

Recently when we have shared good conversations or moments, he makes sure to remind me of how much he doesn't love me anymore or that he used to love me after the fact. He's gone so far to say that he doesn't want to call me his ex but rather just someone he used to love.

However, at the same time, he always tells me that if he does feel like he loves me again or if it's meant to be, we'll be together again. But his words are always contradicted by his actions as his actions always shows that he has feelings for me.

During our recent interactions, I haven't told him that I'm still in love with him every time he would bring up what happened or how he doesn't love anymore. I have told him that I'm just trying to move past everything and just keep looking forward.

Do I still have a chance at getting back with him?

Stop interacting with him.

He has a girlfriend and they likely started getting close before he dumped you. The timeline is just too fast for something not to have been going on behind your back. He claims you weren't giving him enough attention, and it sounds like he was getting it from someone else.

Tell him to stop reaching out unless and until he is single and wants to explore reconciliation with you. Otherwise, this will be a colossal waste of your time.

Cut contact. Now! Tell him you cannot be friends, and not to contact you. And, do not respond if he reaches out.

Why are you speaking with him? You cannot be friends when there are feelings!

Sounds like he was cheating before you split.

Archived