New on the Field: Keeping Potential Flame while Distant

CDuke93

Hello Everyone,

Two months out of a 20 month relationship and I've been seeing a lot of growth in myself. Realized that perhaps I should start getting out there and meeting new girls. Wanted to get your opinion on this situation wise fella's/bella's.

April 29-31st I will be in Vancouver for UBC Interviews. In order to prepare I posted in Pharmacy forums and I am leading a Skype Interview Practice Group; dedicate my time to create practice slides/sessions, host them, and gather/share resources. This one girl, "S", was part of the group and we casually chatted. Eventually we chatted on FB and now text. There is some flirting, but nothing excessive (I feel it's because we first met). Now S has never been to Vancouver Island where I am from (Currently live in Edmonton until Aug if I get in, then will move back) and we eventually agreed to doing an "Island tour" together (her and I) after the interviews.

We chat pretty much everyday, a good amount of smile/positive emotion.

My question for all of you.... how do I play this? She's a solid smart and funny lady. The distance and time would create an issue. Is there attraction (how would I know)? Should we be talking frequently or less frequently?

Thanks everyone, remember I've been reborn into the dating world and don't remember all the in-and-outs,

No ins and outs really. Were all fumbling and making it up as we go.

Have you met this person in real life?

Nobody knows rather or not your attracted to her except you. You mean physically? I guess the most basic question is, would you appreciate seeing her naked? I dont know, surely you must remember what its like to find somebody attractive..

An island tour sounds quite involved. Have you met for coffee or a simple drink yet?

No ins and outs really. Were all fumbling and making it up as we go.

Have you met this person in real life?

Nobody knows rather or not your attracted to her except you. You mean physically? I guess the most basic question is, would you appreciate seeing her naked? I dont know, surely you must remember what its like to find somebody attractive..

An island tour sounds quite involved. Have you met for coffee or a simple drink yet?

Good Question. No I haven't met S in person. We have skyped a couple times; plan to meet next weekend once we both are in Vancouver (I'm in Edmonton, she is in Ontario).

Well from her FB photos, I wouldn't say No.

No to the second question either. We have just built up conversation initially through Skype on the Interview Stuff, then switched to FB and now text. Funny thing is I mentioned I was going to buy a suit today, just a text now from her "How'd the suit shopping go? (smug face)".

Ok think of this as networking. You're in the same field. You set up this Skype Interview Practice Group. Excellent. Connect to her on LinkedIn.

If there is attraction in person, cross that bridge when you get to it. Could be a dating situation could be a networking opportunity. The island tour is a great approach for either.

we eventually agreed to doing an "Island tour" together (her and I) after the interviews. She's a solid smart and funny lady. The distance and time would create an issue. Is there attraction (how would I know)? Should we be talking frequently or less frequently?

Since she was in your professional group, I would not jump into inviting her to a romantic weekend. Keep it professional. Get to know her a little over time. Try to go to the same conference, etc, so you can meet in person. Suggest the next time either of you is remotely near eachother's towns you meet for lunch. That way you can see what the vibe is in person )but don't tell her that)

Archived