Do I still have a chance with my ex?

so I and my boyfriend broke up more than a month ago, he said I liked him too much and he didn’t like me as much as I did, he said he liked me still. On the day of break up, he told me that he would text me in the near future, he told me a story about how his brother and his ex is still talking. I don’t get his point. why would he mention that to me?

I texted him the second day after the breakup, and I sent a very emotional text, and I bombarded him on facebook messenger he read a few but didn’t read the rest, he didn’t reply, and the week after I sent him an email saying its ok that we broke up but can we still be friends, he still didn’t reply. so I stopped all contact, it’s now more than a month since the email was sent.

He hasn’t contacted me since the breakup. has he forgotten about me? I secretly used his phone before when we were dating and I can track on his dating apps, I can see that he hasn’t been online since we started to date, he is not looking for someone new, does that mean we still have a chance? should I really just give up on him? should i wait for him to contact me in the near future?

I honestly think that the breakup reason was so lamb and nothing too serious, and I really like him, we had amazing times. Is he just trying to be tough for his ego?

if i was you i would tr to forget about him and move on. there are plenty of other people out there who would like a relationship with you. im sorry but i dont think this guy does.

leave him be and concentrate on your own happiness.

be lucky and be strong. take care.

Sorry girl, but I don't see any chance here. His silence says everything.

He was honest about how he felt, and you bombarded him. That was very unwise, but what's done is done. He's not interested.

And get the heck off his dating apps! That's just desperate and creepy, to be blunt. You need to let go.

I don't know how old you are if you have much dating experience, but dumpers will say these things to let you down gently and get you to back off. They think if they say nice things you won't freak out completely. Is it fair? Not at all. But it happens all the time, sadly.

Think of how contradictory some of his words and actions are: you're supposedly the best he's ever met, yet he dumped you and has ignored you since.

He was right about one thing, which is that you apparently like him much more than he liked you. I know it hurts, but if's not responding to you, you have no choice but to assume the break-up is permanent and to leave him alone. Messaging him relentlessly only shows him that he made the right choice in ending it.

Out of curiosity, how old are you both and how long were you together?

Thanks for your reply, I'm 21, yes he's my first guy that I've ever had a serious relationship with for about 2 months, but not the first one I dated. I don't think that he said that he wanted to text me in the near future is not just making me feel good, i told him that i didn't want to listen when he tried to tell me that, but he insisted to tell me the story of how his brother and his ex is still talking. Although, he dumped me, he drove me to a nice place the day we broke up, there was no apparent sign that he wanted to breakup, not until i asked (i asked are you happy to see me? he said errrr... i dont know, not really. Then i responded are you trying to breakup with me?, He said yes), he even told me that he wanted to cook with me some time. I was confused, cause why would he drive me to a nice place to breakup, he could've just called me, he said this nice things, he even kissed me and asked me if i wanted to hug, he told me he had this anger issue. I just don't understand...

I know that he wasn't lying about how he felt about me, I know he is a nice guy. He really cared about me before, we used to talk almost every day, he drove me to different places. Just I was too clingy, and I was too impatient, I would remind him a few times before we met, i know i was annoying...

Although I sent him texts on the second day after the breakup, he didn't block me or anything, I haven't texted him or doing anything related to him for more than a month now, I didn't message him relentlessly, I want to respect his decison now... Honestly i just want to be friends with him, i want to add him back on facebook, but i dont know how he would respond to that. should i add him on facebook?

It sounds like you are incompatible. You're are too smart for him if he thought you would buy this saccharine drivel. You didn't get the point, because there isn't one. It's nonsense.

he told me a story about how his brother and his ex is still talking. I don’t get his point. why would he mention that to me?

Archived