The best feeling dating for a long time.

RKO

We've been dating now about 6 weeks, we see each other on average about 3 times a week, the longer this is going on the more we see each other.

This past week I've met her close family, been to her home for a family meal and got pretty heavy in bed but didn't sleep with each other.

About 4 weeks in we had "the talk" nothing heavy, I just wanted to know what she was looking for and for me to tell her that I liked her and would hope it was going somewhere, thankfully she said the same and we are both on the same page.

Not so much a problem but it's been a long time since I've felt like this for someone and even longer since the situation was going so smoothly with them wanting the same and it all happening naturally.

Is it ok to think about this person constantly? Missing them when you don't see them? Just wanting to be with them.

We text most days, not every day, those days we don't make me feel sad that we aren't in touch.

I still have my hobbies and I'm my own person but I just want to be with her 24/7 (which I know is bad)

Any tips on how to stop this?

We've been dating now about 6 weeks, we see each other on average about 3 times a week, the longer this is going on the more we see each other.

This past week I've met her close family, been to her home for a family meal and got pretty heavy in bed but didn't sleep with each other.

About 4 weeks in we had "the talk" nothing heavy, I just wanted to know what she was looking for and for me to tell her that I liked her and would hope it was going somewhere, thankfully she said the same and we are both on the same page.

Not so much a problem but it's been a long time since I've felt like this for someone and even longer since the situation was going so smoothly with them wanting the same and it all happening naturally.

Is it ok to think about this person constantly? Missing them when you don't see them? Just wanting to be with them.

We text most days, not every day, those days we don't make me feel sad that we aren't in touch.

I still have my hobbies and I'm my own person but I just want to be with her 24/7 (which I know is bad)

Any tips on how to stop this?

Stop thinking about her? May I ask - is this something that you want to do or something you would like to stay abreast of, preemptively?

Congratulations on your new relationship!

It's not what I want to do but I'm thinking pining over someone when you're not with them is bad?

I've only been like this with my 1st ever girlfriend years and years ago and I can't remember what I did.

Thanks for the congratulations, I know we haven't been dating long but I think we could be both ready to be official.

Well that's the thing, I am a little bit of a worrier and have been anxious in positions like this in the past

But

With her it's a feeling I've not had before, she has my complete trust, I feel like the luckiest guy in the world to be sharing time with her, and that's basically it, I guess when I'm not with her or hearing from her deep down I'm worried she's not interested? Even though I know she is and if I text/call/suggest meeting I'd get an answer in seconds

This sounds like a naturally progressing relationship in very very early stages. I will admit 3 times a week sounds like a lot of visiting for 6 weeks in. If your comfortable, that's fine. It sounds like your not comfortable with something about the situation though. What exactly are you afraid of?

Thinking about someone constantly is part of infatuation. Its not real love (yet), so i generally create a bit of space when this happens to me. If you really like her, you could try slowing things down. For me, I don't feel mentally healthy constantly thinking about a girl.

My fear is losing her, I know it's early days but I've waited so so long for someone like her, I can't really put in to words.

You're right about it being natural, it very much is 50/50 in organising seeing each other.

What about texting? I hold my hands up, I do find it difficult to go a day without texting her and majority of the time it is me initiating it. Another fear, if she doesn't hear off me will she think I'm not THAT in to her?

Thank you.

I'm just a natural over thinker. I try to focus my mind elsewhere at times but find it hard. E.g. - if I don't hear from her why aren't I? Is she going off me?

I know it's stupid and not true but I think past relationships (you can read them all here) haven't helped

Will meditation work for helping to control?

Thank you.

I'm just a natural over thinker. I try to focus my mind elsewhere at times but find it hard. E.g. - if I don't hear from her why aren't I? Is she going off me?

I know it's stupid and not true but I think past relationships (you can read them all here) haven't helped.

-----

**Will meditation work for helping to control?

It might, but in the short term, try running and yoga. It calms my anxiety ALOT!

Also, try and think positive, have faith and trust in the *connection* you've developed.

Like, instead of thinking she lost interest when you don't hear from her as soon as you'd like, switch that negative thinking to why would she suddenly lose interest? You have BOTH been having a great time together, talking, spending time, connecting. And she's been very responsive to you so far.

So have faith in *that* and trust that you will hear back when she has time.

It's mind over matter.

On the other hand, it's important to be realistic.

If you feel she is pulling away, not responding in a timely and enthusiastic manner, is breaking dates, etc, then pull back yourself.

Whatever you do, do not burden her with your anxiety (over-texting, seeking reassurance) ... that is for you to handle.

Try and remain calm and centered. Otherwise you risk turning her off.

And RKO, we all get anxious when we really like someone, so pls know you are not alone!

I bet she is feeling just as anxious (and excited) as you are!

Again, stay calm and centered, try and think positive, have faith in the connection you've developed with each other, and good luck!

It all sounds good!

Thank you, some great advice there.

I try to think positive whenever little doubts come in to my mind, it's actually quite easy sometimes but other times it's hard. She's literally done nothing wrong at all to give me doubts, far from it, it's all positive, which is why I'm guessing I have this fear of it going wrong

Archived