How to get my things back.

Sillybillycat

So here's the story: we broke up back in november, and we've been NC since our terrible fight, about 48 days ago.

I have a camera, like a gopro kind of. He borrowed it and had it until November when a mutual friend asked me to borrow it and picked it up. Today this friend gave it back to me, and I found out that my ex gave him the camera without the cable, the extra battery, and the memory card.

What should I do? Should I break Nc to ask him for my stuff, even though I risk to get a rude answer of him telling me that he doesn't have it? Should I ask my friend to ask him for them (they no longer talk to each other, but he's in a better place than I am)? Or should I just do nothing and resign?

Sorry if this is shallow or dumb, but I really don't know what to do, I didn't expect this.

How expensive are those things? Are they totally irreplaceable?

Haha of course they are not totally irreplaceable lol. But the extra battery I have to ask for it online, since they don't sell it where I live. And the memory card, it took me a while to find exactly the one I needed.

I mean, I could obviously replace them, but it's gonna cost me some money at least. That's not what this is about, but I guess I'll have to give up. I really don't want to talk to him.

"Like a GoPro kind of?"

So a knock off or what? Because if we're talking a micro USB, a cheap battery, and a SD card, given that you've been posting about your ex the last three months, it's probably best to suck it up and drop the $40 in replacements.

Or ask him for it all back. It's up to you.

My recommendation is to let it go, entirely, as it seems as though you were already resigned to this conclusion until your friend happened to serve as an inadvertent reminder/messenger that led you to discover that parts/pieces are 'missing' - but as you'd already written it off in its entirety, I say carry on with this route.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck.

I guess you're all right. No this isn't an excuse to talk to him, I really don't want to. No it's not a knock off, it's just another brand and has different stuff, I just didn't think it was relevant to explain, since my point was another. No, it's not $40, it would be about $130, it's not outrageous and I can afford it, but that wasn't the point.

Anyway, I'm giving up, it's not worth it, but it still bothers me.

Well, after all of the sad, plaintive posts you've made about him, I think contacting him for ANY reason would be a terrible idea.

I get it, it was a long relationship. You can't be expected to be over it instantly. But it would not make any sense to put yourself in the position to be rejected by him again, or give him the opportunity to be mean or heartless or uncaring toward you.

Archived