Boyfriend is a weed addict, is he suitable to be a father?

EmmaS93

It's just weed. Not Blow, or H. If he's been smoking that long he's learned to function on it. Sounds like he has that habit under control. And like others have said y'all are a long way from havin kids yet. Kids change ppl, they look at things differently. That $50/week he's spending on pot now, he's liable to look at it differently when there's a little one in the pic. Liable to think that $50/week could be better used for other things like baby food, diapers and such and is liable to give up smoking without you having to ask him.

It's just weed. Not Blow, or H. If he's been smoking that long he's learned to function on it. Sounds like he has that habit under control. And like others have said y'all are a long way from havin kids yet. Kids change ppl, they look at things differently. That $50/week he's spending on pot now, he's liable to look at it differently when there's a little one in the pic. Liable to think that $50/week could be better used for other things like baby food, diapers and such and is liable to give up smoking without you having to ask him.

I don't think it's fair to kids to have kids and take a risk that the father will stop using illegal drugs regularly and be stoned regularly and all the other risks.

I don't think it's fair to kids to have kids and take a risk that the father will stop using illegal drugs regularly and be stoned regularly and all the other risks.

There again, it's just pot, nothing more. He's learned to function and live normally while smoking pot. There's a lot of professionals out there that smoke pot, raise families and never miss a lick. Just like having a few drinks after work, just a way to relax and wind down after the day

There again, it's just pot, nothing more. He's learned to function and live normally while smoking pot. There's a lot of professionals out there that smoke pot, raise families and never miss a lick. Just like having a few drinks after work, just a way to relax and wind down after the day

We can agree to disagree. I will add that your viewpoint scares me in its disregard for an innocent child's safety who wouldn't have asked to be born into a family where that is going on. Neither science nor the law is on the side of your viewpoint.

(And I would be similarly against a parent being drunk/buzzed and being responsible for young children)

Archived